Cannot Uninstall MediaMonkey From my Android Phone

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MusicFanChris

Cannot Uninstall MediaMonkey From my Android Phone

Post by MusicFanChris »

I am using Media Monkey for Android version 2.0.0.1152 On a Samsung Galaxy A14 model SM-A145R/DSN running Android 13 kernel version 4.19.191-27247625-abA145RXXS4AWJ1 1 Thu Oct 19 18:08:51 KST2023 Build number TP1A.220624.014.A14RXXS4AWJ1

Hi,
I wanted to uninstall Media Monkey from my phone. I have treid to uninstall it from the Settings App and from the App in the App window. In both cases nothing happens. I got a report from Android on the phone that the installer keeps stopping. Uninstall works fine for other apps on the phone. It's just Media Monkey that won't uninstall.
Peke

Re: Cannot Uninstall MediaMonkey From my Android Phone

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Go to Apps -> Mediamonkey -> and force stop. Then delete all cache and try uninstall. It is possible that some files stuck and not letting MMA to uninstall.

Also an reinstall/refresh install could help. I often init new reinstall from PC desktop if needed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
stephanvanzyl

Post by stephanvanzyl »

I have the exact same issue.
I followed all steps listed, but it cannot be removed / uninstalled.

I am using a Samsung S20FE model.

Any other ideas?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sideload MMA apk and then uninstall.

Please note that till now we have never received such issues with MMA. Uninstalling is usually handled by OS. I wonder if anything got corrupted/locked so it can't be deleted.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MusicFanChris

Post by MusicFanChris »

Hi Pete,
Thanks very much for the suggestions on how to uninstall MediaMonky from my phone. I tried the first suggestion: went to settings Apps and forced stop. Then cleared the cache from the settings then tried to uninstall. Still no luck with that approach.

I have tried to find the MMA apk but can't find that on the play store so if you could give me some help finding that I'd be really grateful and then give it a go.

I was really surprised by this one! I'm not great with Apps on phones at the best of times so was taken aback when couldn't uninstall.

You mentioned about a reinstall/refresh install. Again I don't seem to be able to do that. When I go to the play store it simply shows the app as installed and won't do anything other than open it. If you can advise me how I can do this I'll give it a go but at the moment son't know how I can do it.
MusicFanChris

Post by MusicFanChris »

Hi Peke,

So I have found out what apk's are and what side loading is and have had a go! Mistake!!!

I have used the apkmirror.com site to download the MediaMonkey 2.0.0.1159 beta file. I did try the MediaMonkey 2.0.0.1152 file but alas as an older version that what I already have installed it won't install. The only release apkmirror shows greater than the version I had installed was 1159 beta as a bundle; thus no option but to go beta bundle release!

Downloaded the file
com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey_2.0.0.1159-1159_1arch_1dpi_1lang_8ac083dcb86d00df046e7dabbba5ff7e_apkmirror.com.apkm

I checked the SHA256 checksum and checked OK so went ahead with the file.

This is a bundle file with Base apk and 3 splits. Thus I has to use the apkmirror installer to install. I downloaded the apkmirror installer from the Play Store version 1.4.0 (19-c19236f) which is marked as a beta.

The installer worked OK and Media Monkey is now version 2.0.0.1159 standard.

I have tried to uninstall again using Apps/MediaMonkey uninstall. Same issue still cannot uninstall. I do not know if this is what you intended for me to do with the apk suggestion or if there is some other trick with the apk that I can use to try and uninstall. I have checked the apkmirror app for an uninstall function but no there isn't one so using the OS uninstall is all I know about.

I am not an app developer or knowledgeable about phone apps, apk and all the various flavours thereof, java, sideloading or anything to do with phone app development installation and uninstalling. I'm just somebody trying to play my music collection on my phone and foolishly installed MediaMonkey Android to do so!

If you can advise how I can remove MMA from my phone I would be very grateful.

Best wishes,

MusicFanChris.
rusty

Post by rusty »

We don't recommend users download MMA from 3rd party stores since we don't test/validate those APK's and therefore can't be sure what you're actually getting.

As to being unable to uninstall MMA, this is a really strange one. We've tested it on an S8 and S10 and have been unable to replicate. I would just reiterate the earlier suggestions:
1) Reboot the device
2) Stop the App (in case a background process is running) and delete the cache by Tap-hold of the MediaMonkey icon.
3) Try uninstalling via either a) the Play Store b) Tap-hold MMA and the 'Uninstall'.

-Rusty