[REQ] Playlist album graphic [#20445]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MattTown

[REQ] Playlist album graphic [#20445]

Post by MattTown »

Hi,

If I create a playlist with several albums in it and then display any view but List, I get a cute graphic showing all of the album covers combined.

It is a great idea but the combined graphic is tiny. If it were larger then i could use it in posts about what I was listening to. Is there a way to get that graphic displayed larger, say across half the screen?

Cheers
Matt
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Lowlander

Re: Playlist album graphic

Post by Lowlander »

No, Artwork size in the Info panel can't be customized.
MattTown

Re: Playlist album graphic

Post by MattTown »

Lowlander,
Thanks, I'll assume that the narrow rectangular space at the top of the file list in the centre panel is called the "info panel".
I'll make a REQ in the other forum.
Cheers
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
MattTown

[ REQ ] Large Combined Albums Graphic

Post by MattTown »

Hi,

If I create a playlist with several albums in it and then display any view but List, I get a cute graphic showing all of the album covers combined. I understand from Lowlander that this is in the Info Panel at the top of the Main Panel.

It is a great idea but the combined graphic is tiny. If it were larger then i could use it in posts about what I was listening to.

Could you please include an option to display this image in say half screen size so that it can be copied for other use.

Thanks
Matt
Peke

Re: [REQ] Playlist album graphic

Post by Peke »

MattTown wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:04 pm Could you please include an option to display this image in say half screen size so that it can be copied for other use.
Do you mean like For album art to show image enlarged (Show Full size on right click)?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MikeGahrns

Post by MikeGahrns »

I also like the nice playlist album graphic and think it would be a cool idea to be able to expand it.

If you do this, and show it an an expanded window it would be cool to have an option to allow all of the album art covers shown (with a scrollbar) to scroll through them, instead of a 3x3 grid of just some of the albums in the playlist.

e.g. if the playlist had 100 tracks, it would show in a window with a 3x34 grid of albums, 3 album covers per row, with two blank spots at the end.

As an aside, I think I prefer how MM Android displays the album playlist graphic as stacked albums over the grid. One thing I do find annoying is that I wish that the first top album displayed in the stack was from the first song of the playlist. I have a ton of playlists and I have a hard time keeping track of which is which. The first song in a playlist is a good cue for me as to what is in the playlist, and with what seems to be almost a random first album at the top of the playlist, I need to open the playlist in MM Android to figure out what playlist it is. This is less of an issue for me on a larger Windows display, but mention it in case you are trying to use common code between MM Android and MM5 windows.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Doesn't the Grid (by Album) View already cover this?
MikeGahrns

Post by MikeGahrns »

Thanks Lowlander, "Grid by Album View" covers this.

Thanks for the pointer. So much to discover with MM5. The grid by album view is nicely laid out. I have to give kudos to the MM5 team. Aesthetically MM5 is great.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Peke,
Peke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:54 pm Do you mean like For album art to show image enlarged (Show Full size on right click)?
Yes, exactly.
If it filled most of the screen and could be right clicked to copy that would be nice. I could always screenshot but a simple copy would be convenient.
Nominating the count of across and down images would be cute, but not necessary.
If there were far more albums in the playlist than could be readily represented in say a 4x5 matrix, it would be nice for the graphic to just include the images from albums with the highest average album rating.

Lowlander
Lowlander wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:33 pm Doesn't the Grid (by Album) View already cover this?
For my purposes View > Main Panel > Grid (by album) gets close, but the images are spaced out and have both the album title in text and the averaged album rating in stars below the individual album graphics. I don't want either borders or metatdata in a combined graphic that I could use elsewhere, just borderless album art images graphics side to side top to bottom, like the small graphic at the top of the Browser view.

Cheers
Matt
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I added my understanding of the description here https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20445

Let me know what you think.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MattTown

Re: [REQ] Playlist album graphic [#20445]

Post by MattTown »

Thanks Peke,

Yes I think you've got it. The first two dot points ('RightClick>Copy' and 'RightClick>ShowFullImage') are particularly relevant to my request, I would just like to see it made explicit that the 'Full Image' would also have a 'RightClick>Copy' option. I suppose that I could always take a screen snapshot in the absence of a copy option, but it would be nice to avoid that additional step if possible.

Having the combined album art image showing up on my synced phone would also be cool.

Cheers

Matt