Um....

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Odin

Um....

Post by Odin »

Ok, great, the program FINDS title/song duplicates, which I can do easily by ordering my music in alphabetical order... how do you delete them??

I sincerely hope I'm missing something here.

medlin@runbox.com
Odin

And just to clarify...

Post by Odin »

I have a HUGE single folder of music files.

There are hundreds of duplicates, with each successive title named in ascending numeric order, i.e. 'songtitle', 'songtitle0', 'songtitle1', etc...

Some songs have one or two duplicates, some have as many as six or seven. Do I need to delete all of these one by one, from now on, or is there an easier way?
Audius Prime

Post by Audius Prime »

I'm assuming you want to delete the duplicate tracks from your hard drive, unless you want to save them elsewhere for whatever reason. Deleting duplicates (or any tracks for that matter) is easy with MM. You can select track(s) and do any of the following:

1) Hit the delete key on your keyboard

2) Right-click and select Remove

3) Click the X on the toolbar below the menu

Hopefully it's obvious that you can select a single track from the track list by clicking on it. You can also select a group of consecutive tracks by clicking on the first track you wish to delete and then holding down the Shift key, click on the last track in the consecutive list you wish to delete. This will select all tracks within that range.

You can also select multiple tracks that are not in consecutive order by holding down the Ctrl-key while you click on the tracks. That way you can hunt and peck through your list while maintaining your selection of tracks.

Keep in mind that being able to select mutiple tracks is useful for other tasks in MM such as tagging, creating playlists, creating a virtual cd, etc. You can even drag a group of selected tracks from the track list to folders in the tree view if you want to move them to different locations. In essence, it works just like Windows Explorer, which makes it a highly intuitive interface.

Remember, happiness is an organized music library. Have fun cleaning up that folder!

Audius Prime
"You can lead a horse's ass to wisdom, but you can't make him think."