[REQ] Extended Tags Search

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

FLWB

[REQ] Extended Tags Search

Post by FLWB »

As a Media Monkey Pro User
I want to be able to search by extended tags
So that when I use other software that creates custom tags I am able to search them.

Example: Mixed In Key creates an EnergyLevel tag and I want to be able to sort or filter by "EnergyLevel: 4"
"Without music life would be a mistake" Friedrich Nietzsche
Peke

Re: [REQ] Extended Tags Search

Post by Peke »

Hi,
FLWB wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:57 am Example: Mixed In Key creates an EnergyLevel tag and I want to be able to sort or filter by "EnergyLevel: 4"
Finally someone with exactly the same issue. I love that MM 5.x have Initial key supported natively, but for more precise management I still miss Energy values. It is planned for future versions as that would fully help me create great things in MashUp, Platinum notes and Flow 8 because MM library is much much faster than Mixed in Key apps.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

For Energy Level, I was inserting into the Grouping along with my subgenres so it looks like

"6; Club; Dance; House; Leftfield; Prog"

Now that MM5 has additional custom fields I made one of them EnergyLevel and it took me a couple of days to make the change to over 60K tracks by batching about 5K at a time. (since EnergyLevel is in extended tags but is not searchable.)

Now my issue is getting all the energy levels removed from grouping because I really only want the subgenres. (would be nice if it was indexed like the Classification fields as I have about 300.)

I set up a macro to remove the energylevel but I haven't figured out how to loop it, so I don't have to sit here (wait 5 sec hit enter, wait 5 seconds hit enter.) :o
Peke

Post by Peke »

FLWB wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:34 am I set up a macro to remove the energylevel but I haven't figured out how to loop it, so I don't have to sit here (wait 5 sec hit enter, wait 5 seconds hit enter.)
How did you set the macro? Any screenshots?
Best regards,
Peke
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

I just did it with my programmable gaming keyboard. (Logitech G910) I've tried different macro setups. But the more involved the slower it is.

The first for multiple tracks at a time:

After I highlight multiple tracks I can hit one key (CTRL+ALT+P, CTRL+TAB, TAB, HOME, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, ENTER) which opens the properties, then tabs to details, the cursor goes to the Grouping field, the cursor returns to home and deletes the first three characters and then batch saves the selections. It's a little slower than I can do manually but with fewer keystrokes.

I'd done a second with the 'Next' button as the last step for single-track edits instead of using OK but it was even slower. It sort of did what I wanted but it would be great to be able to loop that so I could go make a sandwich, grab a beer, read for a bit... :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
GHUB is BS of when compared to Logitech Gaming Software which is WAAYYYYYY better . I have workaround on GHUB and My G910 :) eg. I have Logitech G602 which uses LGS and not GHUB so G910 is also shown on LGS :)
Best regards,
Peke
glow

Post by glow »

Certainly! It seems like you're interested in learning about extended tags and their relevance. Extended tags play a crucial role in organizing and categorizing information, particularly in digital environments. They go beyond traditional metadata, offering a more nuanced way to classify content.

In the realm of content creation and management, extended tags serve as additional descriptors that provide a deeper understanding of the context or attributes of a piece of information. These tags help improve searchability and facilitate more refined categorization. For example, if you're managing a collection of photos, using extended tags like "landscape," "sunset," or "portrait" can make it easier to locate specific images within your database.

In the world of coding and programming, extended tags can also be found in version control systems. Developers use tags to mark specific points in their codebase, like releases or milestones. This makes it simpler to navigate through different versions of a project, track changes, and identify the state of the code at a particular point in time.

In summary, extended tags provide a versatile and powerful tool for organizing and retrieving information. Whether you're dealing with digital assets, coding projects, or any other type of content, leveraging extended tags can significantly enhance your ability to manage and locate relevant information efficiently. If you have specific questions or scenarios in mind, feel free to ask for more tailored insights!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Extended tags are available in MM API so anyone can create addon for them and use own UI to handle and manipulate them.

The most requested and common Extended tags (eg. accepted by multiple applications not one specific app) are always considered to be added to MM natively (MM5 added support for INITIAL KEY), only thing thing needed is wider audience and apps supporting it. Otherwise we are here to help any developer willing to make extensions/addons to MM.
Best regards,
Peke