Wifi Sync Not Working

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

cbeschler

Wifi Sync Not Working

Post by cbeschler »

Good evening, I doubt this is a new topic, but couldn't find it in any existing topics. I am running 5.1.0.2823 in Windows 10 and 2.0.0.1154 in MMA on my Pixel 6. I can no longer do a wifi sync since August 8. Since that time, two things happened. MMW5 v 5.1.0.2823 was released, which I updated to and I received an update to Android 14 from Android 13.

When I try a wifi sync, MMA says "Global Error". I touch "Sync Settings" and MMA says "Server Disconnected". I can not figure out what has happened that the wifi sync stopped working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
Lowlander

Re: Wifi Sync Not Working

Post by Lowlander »

Please send a debug log from MMA right after this happens and reply here with the logID.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Same here since I recently installed updates for MM5 (MMW 5.04.2693 and MMA 2.0.0.1156).

I am using a Windows 11 Pro laptop with MM5 installed. Phone is a Samsung A41.

I usually sync MMW playlists and podcasts to MMA on my phone about once a week and have had no problems over the last year using this laptop.

Today, went to Sync, got a global error connection.

Also MMA now thinks the Media Server is an old laptop that I stopped using over a year ago, and it does not see the MMW server on my current laptop (even though in MMW settings the server has an IP address and is showing as "running").

I have been syncing from MMW on this new laptop to MMA on my phone for the last year without any problems.

Debug log submitted: A4UAW2CMPC

TL/DR: Can't connect MMA to MMW anymore since the latest updates.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please update to the latest beta of MediaMonkey 5.1 for a fix.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Also, fyi, this issue can occur when there's a change in network configuration (e.g. if the MMW 'server' switches from ethernet to wifi). If that's the cause, then restarting MMW and then running MMA's sync config wizard should allow you to find the 'new' server and connect.

-Rusty
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

The beta has fixed the problem. Thanks, great work.

Thanks also for the extra info re network config.