Left Panel Size State Gets Lost Constantly [#20310 #20370 #20403]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

Left Panel Size State Gets Lost Constantly [#20310 #20370 #20403]

Post by Dryst »

This issue I am about to describe has happened with every MMW5 version I have ever used. I mentioned on this forum before that the only place I can see album art complete within MMW5 is the left panel where lyrics may appear. There is no other place in the whole application where I can view album art that appears as a single image on the screen. The feature that displays album art in the background does not resize art to fill the visible portion of the window. Instead, a decision was made to constantly shift art up and down that give me a headache after viewing this for some time. The ideal scenario would be to resize all album art such that it completely filled the background without moving or shifting it. Keep it steady and in place. This would be ideal.

If you do not wish to do this, that is okay with me. However, I still wish to see album art. The only place within the application where all of album art is visible is the left panel, but it defaults to being too small. I drag the edge of the left panel to the right to increase the album art size to the largest it scales up to as shown here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/d17mf346 ... p8q6m&dl=0

The issue is that MMW5 does not retain this state of resizing the left panel. It gets lost all the time for various reasons. Sometimes it sticks for a moment, but it will eventually always get lost resulting in the album art being too small again. My request is that you retain the state of me resizing the left panel and stop changing it back to too small.
Lowlander

Re: Left Panel Size State Gets Lost Constantly

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

This issue has happened with all versions since using MMW5. It could be caused by installing new updates or for other reasons too.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Once thing I noticed is that at certain times I am unable to resize the left panel at all even when trying. After specific activities I am then able to resize it. This may be related to the issue of my size getting reset to too small.

My request is to always keep the custom sizing position I set. Perhaps adding a feature to save window position size and state that remains even after upgrades. This way I can always load my custom size and position state.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please try the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta as it has fixes for this.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I just installed 5.1.0.2823. This version is now running, and I am unable to resize the left panel at all. The album art shown in the panel is at its absolute smallest.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I for one can't figure out how you managed to get the left panel layout shown in the screenshot of your first post.

My left panel, with media tree and with or without preview panel (showing artwork) resizes up and sideways using latest beta.

But I can't replicate your layout.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

The app is buggy. That is why.

I got it to resize per my screenshot via click the Minimize left panel button once to hide the left most panel, then I clicked it a second time to show it. After doing this the left panel that shows the album art resizes.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I will continue to use the latest beta to see if I again lose the sizing of the left panel containing album art.

The colors are off on this latest beta, but music plays fine. My music wave form at the bottom appear black along with all text and buttons as opposed to white.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Skin are you using?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The issue is likely caused by the changing of the main window size, when elements resize smaller they won't return to their user set size after making the window bigger again. Added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20310
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:38 pm Which Skin are you using?
I am using Monkey Groove skin.
Lowlander

Re: Left Panel Size State Gets Lost Constantly [#20310]

Post by Lowlander »

I don't see the black buttons, but the waveform is black here too: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20370

Can you please attach a screenshot of the black buttons/text part of the problem?
Dryst

Re: Left Panel Size State Gets Lost Constantly [#20310 #20370]

Post by Dryst »

It's just the waveform that appears black. It's not the buttons. Your findings were correct as is your report. Thank you for creating the problem reports.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:39 pm Please try the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta as it has fixes for this.
This appears partially fixed with an immediate issue present.

See below screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9nmtmkrg ... ynbf9&dl=0

What is happening here is the left panel is retaining its sizing, but the album art is not scaling up along with it. The next song that gets played has art that scales properly.

This is version MediaMonkey_5.1.0.2824.