MMA and casting to Denon DRA-800

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Profzarkov

MMA and casting to Denon DRA-800

Post by Profzarkov »

Hi
Whilst browsing this forum I've seen many posts about this but very few solutions.

I really like Media Monkey and have paid for the gold licence on my laptop. The MMW runs fine and can easily find everything on my network, including the Denon receiver DRA-800.

But whilst running the app on my android phone, it doesn't even see the media player. I've tried to add it manually, I know the IP but not the port or any other detail. The Denon is wired into the router and has a fixed IP.

I can easily play Amazon music to the Denon via my phone. And I'd like to cast all my music to it via MMA.

Is there a way thru this?

I suppose I could switch on the LG TV and cast to that but that seems a bit of a daft thing to do ...

Grateful for any pointers

Prof
Peke

Re: MMA and casting to Denon DRA-800

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Do you see denon using MM5 on Windows?

EDIT: Based on https://manuals.denon.com/dra800h/EU/EN ... _EU_EN.pdf I do not se it is DLNA renderer capable only that you can play music off DLNA Server like MM5 on Windows (Page 74 in manual)?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Profzarkov

Post by Profzarkov »

Yes, if you read my first paragraph you'll see that mmw 5 works extremely well on my new win11 laptop. It finds everything with no hassle....
It's just the app that is lacking.
Profzarkov

Post by Profzarkov »

Oh and I installed Bubble and that finds the Denon no problems.
Profzarkov

Post by Profzarkov »

Hi
Thanks for the reply but I do not understand your phrase

do not se it is DLNA renderer capable only that you can play music off DLNA Server like MM5 on Windows (Page 74 in manual)?

If I can play my android phones music via Bubble, why can't I do this with media monkey?

Is this something you're working on?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Profzarkov wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:22 am If I can play my android phones music via Bubble, why can't I do this with media monkey?
MMA do not have support for HEOS API as filed under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19667 and also MM5 which do not have full support as described at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19668

With MM5 we can use custom libraries and make our own libraries/protocol workarounds, where with Android we are much more limited due the Google permissions standards and limitations per OS builds.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts