Can't remove # column from custom view [#20309]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Can't remove # column from custom view [#20309]

Post by tbm72 »

I'm trying to configure a custom view in my playlists node but the '#' column can't be removed.

Within the playlists node I go into 'manage views' and my custom view is a 'List (By album)' type. Then click the pencil icon to edit my custom view. I select the '#' column under 'displayed' and click Remove then OK (as in this screenshot):

Then I click [OK] but the # column is still there. Is this a column which can't be removed? (note: I don't mean 'Track #' but the column just labelled #)
Rob_S

Re: Can't remove # column from custom view

Post by Rob_S »

It seems you can go in the view itself, and then right-click, hide the column header to make it go away

This setting seems to stick, for the moment.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Rob_S wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:28 pm It seems you can go in the view itself, and then right-click, hide the column header to make it go away

This setting seems to stick, for the moment.
At one point I managed to right-click hide but when I navigated away to another playlist and then came back the column was displaying again, so it didn't stick for me. And now when I right-click the column header it no longer shows the option to hide it.

For some reason that particular # column is pretty wide by default and takes up a lot of screen estate. Even if I narrow it down a lot, when I move away to another playlist it goes back wide again.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Just tried to switch skin to double check it wasn't a skin issue and got this:

I've had about 5 or 6 of these errors today, way more than I've seen on any recent build.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using? On the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta, # can be removed from Choose Columns, status of # column is remember, and width of # is remembered for me.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

That did not work for me using 2819

Try editing the standard built-in list by album view while viewing a playlist.

The number column re-appears after removing and then clicking OK.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »