Can't Open the Gold Version I Just Bought

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

er13592247

Can't Open the Gold Version I Just Bought

Post by er13592247 »

Can't Open the Gold Version I Just Bought! And now I no longer have access to the free version. I have proof of payment. I have an order number. I have a registration key.

What I no longer have is music.

I have no way to reach a human person at Media Monkey or parent entities.
Lowlander

Re: Can't Open the Gold Version I Just Bought

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please tell us how you can't open the Gold version? Do you get any errors?

Both the free and Gold version are the same, the License Key is what unlocks the Gold features in the free version.
leeroyski

Post by leeroyski »

I have a related problem... I purchased a Lifetime Gold MM license on 31 Jul 2016. I have the receipt from Digital River Element 5. MM Worked fine on my old PC. I just bought a new PC and tried to port my MM over to the new machine but registration key did not work. MM website would not let me login so I had to create a new account just to get in here. Please let me know how I can get a key that will verify MM on my new PC. Not sure how to upload a copy of my sales receipt but would be happy to do so.
Thanks
Leeroy Perkins
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please start here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... key-usage/

If that fails contact Support directly with your purchase information
leeroyski

Post by leeroyski »

No joy either way... Contacting MM is a joke... I think I'm going to delete it and go elsewhere. Don't ask me to recommend it to others, I would tell them to run away as fast as possible
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How does contacting MediaMonkey fail for you? You're already logged in and should easily be able to create a Support Ticket.
Peke

Post by Peke »

leeroyski wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:08 pm No joy either way... Contacting MM is a joke... I think I'm going to delete it and go elsewhere. Don't ask me to recommend it to others, I would tell them to run away as fast as possible
We take these issues very serious. You could also sent an email directly to support [AT] MediaMonkey [DOT] COM to contact us.

I am curious how you heard for MM?
If I got it correctly Free version worked normally before you entered GOLD license?
Latest version from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d behaves same no matter if it is Free or GOLD version starting?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
leeroyski

Post by leeroyski »

>>We take these issues very serious. You could also sent an email directly to support [AT] MediaMonkey [DOT] COM to contact us.
I am curious how you heard for MM?
If I got it correctly Free version worked normally before you entered GOLD license?
Latest version from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d behaves same no matter if it is Free or GOLD version starting?<<

I created a support [Ticket #6877] MM5 Lifetime cannot move to my new PC but have not received a reply on that yet... MM worked normally on my old PC AFTER I bought the Lifetime license but trying to set it up on my new PC failed. Would not accept my registration key... Thanks for reaching out to me but this has been frustrating to say the least. It shouldn't be this hard.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Usually it is not, but as License keys are CaSe sensitive it can fail, especially if used long time ago.

Thank you for supporting MM for past 8 years and Happy Monkeying!

Replied in Ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts