MM5 Codec Pack Clean Install

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Roxie2401

MM5 Codec Pack Clean Install

Post by Roxie2401 »

Hi - I had to reinstall MM5 Gold because of a disk issue -- same machine, same license.

MM5 install went fine, inserted the license User Name and Key and Gold was activated.

But the installed download of MM5 Code Pack still shows TRIAL 3.0.7.

I think there was a post two years ago that said you have to fine your original MM5 Code Pack, Install it and then "Find Update"

I have no idea if that is still the case but I can't find the original MM5 Code Pack and based on the date of my license it was probably 3.0.5??

How do I get 3.0.7 to activate on a reinstall?

Thanks
Peke

Re: MM5 Codec Pack Clean Install

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please open Support ticket so that we can locate your license according to purchase details.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Roxie2401

Post by Roxie2401 »

I did open the Support Ticket ....6322

Here was a similar post......looks like this may be the same issue.....needing original version on a reinstall:

search.php?keywords=MM5+clean+install&t ... sf=msgonly

Re: MM5 Codec Pack Version

Post by dypsis » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 pm
I just noticed that MM5 Codec Pack is up to version 3.0.6, but in the MM5 Addons section, it is only version 3.0.5.

By the way. Something mildly irks me about the Codec Pack distribution after you've purchased it. You get a limited time to download the full version, than any subsequent versions, you have to install the trial over the top. Normally that is OK, but if you are performing a clean installation, you have go and dig up your old full version and install that first before installing the current trial version over the top.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
At https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... odec-pack/ I see that 3.0.7 is available. Do you have link where you seen 3.0.6?
Best regards,
Peke
Roxie2401

Post by Roxie2401 »

Peke wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:11 am Hi,
At https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... odec-pack/ I see that 3.0.7 is available. Do you have link where you seen 3.0.6?
Peke, that was an example of a previous post that another person had a similar issue back in 2001 where he pointed out having to find his original Code Pack install it and then download the new (then 3.0.6).

Since I had a disk failure I can't locate my original download which was probably 3.0.5.....all I can download now is 3.0.7 but the registration will not remove "Trial."

Sorry if I confused you with the other person's post --- I had just done a search in trying to find out why I couldn't get my download to register correctly.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry, for confusion. All handled in Ticket.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke