How do I manage Podcasts?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Blorkersson

How do I manage Podcasts?

Post by Blorkersson »

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to put the five most recent unplayed episodes of specific podcasts onto my phone, from MMW. I set my choices in MMW.

What I get though, is several podcast series that I have not selected, and unwanted episodes from one I have selected but none of the episodes I do want.

As a test, I have ensured that the Sync selection in MMW is empty, so that all Podcasts are removed, but that does not remove them. I have manually deleted 31 podcast episodes (from nine different series) from MMA, but the next Sync with MMW simply adds every one of them back again, despite there being no podcasts set to sync.

What is also puzzling is that if I have exactly the same selection in MMW for my tablet, the result is different, but equally unwanted.

One further point: if I look in the Podcasts folder on my phone's storage card, there are even more podcasts and associated episodes in there.

What can be causing these unwanted episodes to be added to my devices and how do I get what I want on either device?
Lowlander

Re: How do I manage Podcasts?

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MMW and MMA and did you do a wi-fi or USB Sync?
Blorkersson

Post by Blorkersson »

MMW: 5.0.4.2960
MMA: 2.0.0.1099
Wi-Fi Sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd recommend trying the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta as this may fix the issue for you.

Otherwise it is likely down to files being in another selection.