HEOS App vs. MMA and MM5

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

HEOS App vs. MMA and MM5

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I have been using the HEOS app quite a bit to play music on my Marantz receiver.
Weird issue: When selecting a music source I selected "This Phone" and did the usual. I selected "Music Servers" to access the server created by MM5 on my PC. Weird though. For the former, when browsing "Artists" I could not find "Various Artists"? For the latter, no prob?
I don't even know where to start. MMA has no trouble with this. It finds "Various Artists" with no trouble.
Lowlander

Re: HEOS App vs. MMA and MM5

Post by Lowlander »

Is the problem with this phone or browsing the MMW5 Server?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:42 am Is the problem with this phone or browsing the MMW5 Server?
[As above] MMA handles this fine just as it should. It's HEOS app that it is not consistent when accessing music on the phone and accessing the server [MM5]. You can find the albums in the HEOS app. But, when you try to access "Various Artists" on the server it can not find it.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

[On a whim] On my desktop PC, in Windows Explorer, I right-clicked on "D:\iPod\My Music" and clicked on "Read-only" which started a lengthy process of doing something to 125GB of music. And, just to be absolutely sure, I clicked on the "Various Artists" folder and did the same thing.
Now, because I did not test HEOS today until doing this, I can't be sure that this made any difference. But, now I can access "Various Artists" in HEOS app in both android and PC. As usual, I welcome all feedback. :D