[REQ] Additional Items for Media Monkey Library Statistic Report

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

IanRTaylorUK

[REQ] Additional Items for Media Monkey Library Statistic Report

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Please could the Media Monkey Library Statistics Report (available from File / Reports / Statistics) be extended to include a few sections on the Quality of the library contents. For example:

1). Type vs Count of File Type
Rows for Audiobooks / Classical / Music / Podcast vs a count of the Tracks that are Flac / MP3 / M4B / Wav with a Total column.

2). Type vs Count of Bit Depth and / or Bit Rate ranges

3). A List of Playlists with the Type of Playlist and the Count of the Number of Tracks (or other Playlists) within the Playlist

Thanks.
Ian Taylor
Ludek

Re: [REQ] Additional Items for Media Monkey Library Statistic Report

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for feedback, I guess this is rather something to be included as addon, so maybe something to ask this on the MediaMonkey addons forum?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for reply. I can do the first two by Reporting a Filelist as CSV and then doing the analysis / report externally.

I could probably do something by parsing the Export of Playlists to handle the last point - again externally.

Perhaps I should have a go at Add-Ons!
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

if an addon is not an option: you can extract all the mentioned info from the "songs" table.

Set up ODBC, connect Excel or Access, create queries and reports.

see: viewtopic.php?t=104598
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Thanks Andre,

I am using Access often - but tend to using the Report / File List route to import the data (so I am not working on the direct MM.DB).

This works fine for the "quality" reports but the Playlist reporting looks like it will be a little more difficult!

My current thinking is to view a copy of the device mmstore.db and look at the Playlists table as it has a "number of tracks" field (or pull a copy of this into Access). I am migrating from MP3 to FLAC and sometimes I create / cause empty Playlists by overlooking the update from the MP3 files to FLAC. A quick view of the Playlists table of mmstore shows those "empty" playlists where the number of tracks is zero (and the number of playlists is also zero).
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:59 am I am migrating from MP3 to FLAC and sometimes I create / cause empty Playlists by overlooking the update from the MP3 files to FLAC.
Offtopic: You could avoid these, if you

- convert your MP3s to (lossy) FLAC,
- then copy the Tags (via MP3Tag or something like this) from those lossy FLACs to the new FLACs,
- then rename the new FLACs,
- and overwrite the lossy FLACs with the new ones.

That way you don't change any database entries, and there would be no need for any reporting/watching.

Just a thought.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView