New Addon

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

lunch

New Addon

Post by lunch »

I am trying to make a new addon.

At the moment i try to understand the system and copied the following code from the developer website.

// Execute when the window is ready
window.whenReady(() => {
uitools.toastMessage.show('Hello world!', {
disableUndo: true
});
});

So far ist everything ok, but there is no message.

What is the problem?
Wrong sample, toastMessage doesn't work.

How to i have to understand that.

Thanks
Wolfgang
drakinite

Re: New Addon

Post by drakinite »

Hey, sorry for the delayed reply. Where are you putting the code?

I often prefer to test code in the bundled Chromium developer console. If you install a debug build, you can right click anywhere and click Inspect Element, giving you access to the console.

If you don't see a toast message, then that means your code just isn't running. I copied and pasted it into the console just now, and it works as expected for me. Have you verified that the test addon you created shows up in Tools -> Addons after you installed it?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.