Album art not always showing in Notification Shade

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

doney6012

Album art not always showing in Notification Shade

Post by doney6012 »

I'm using MMA 2.0.0.1095 with Android 13 (with 5 June 2023 update).
Sometimes, but not always, the notification shade media preview won't show the album art even if the art is shown in app. This only occurs a few times across a playlist or album, and seemingly at random. It possibly lines up with occasional album art issues on Android Auto.

I've included a quick screen recording to show it:
https://youtube.com/shorts/TbAguCqBG7M?feature=share

Thank you,
Deano
rusty

Re: Album art not always showing in Notification Shade

Post by rusty »

Hi Deano,

Thanks for the report. There were similar reports of this in earlier versions of MMA 2 (e.g. https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20010 ), but they were resolved and I'm not able to replicate this with build 1095.

Would you be able to replicate the bug, and then submit a debug log (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here? That'll help us better understand the problem.

Thanks!

-Rusty
doney6012

Post by doney6012 »

Thanks again
I just sent a lot through now: Log ID: PXMN44HHUE
Description: album artwork not showing in notification shade, but showing in app
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi Deano,
Does such artwork ever appear in the notification shade (e.g. after you perform the Pause action) or does it fail always?

If it fails always, I can see from the PXMN44HHUE log that the current track was "Simple Life" and it has artwork stored in 6689-52F1:Music/HighView/Aftermind/albumart.jpg

Can you provide this file for testing? Thanks.
doney6012

Post by doney6012 »

Hi, thanks again for further responses, and sorry that I hadn't got back to you sooner.

The issue with the artwork seems to be sporadic, if I skip ahead, then back again the artwork will often appear. Sometimes it'll happen with a seemingly random track within an album where the other tracks will show the artwork correctly.
The artwork always appears within the MMA app, and most of the time it appears on Android Auto, but occasionally the issue appears within AA as well.

How would you like to be provided with the offending track/s? I'll keep a further log of it, and provide a few more reports, so that you might be able to narrow it down.