Lost syncing ability

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Jim S

Lost syncing ability

Post by Jim S »

For some time now I have been able to sync my MP3 Android player to Mediamonkey. Over the last few days it just won't syc anymore. I have restared bth eth computer and MediMonkey as well as the MP3 player many times and nothing seem to help.

I have tied the various Media Profiles. I'm not sure that I did ever that correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Lowlander

Re: Lost syncing ability

Post by Lowlander »

How exactly is it failing to Sync and which Build (Help > About) of MMW are you using?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I'd suggest reconfiguring sync settings from scratch. Try the following:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... c-profile/

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

It seems to baffle me. I have printed off the MediaMonkey DLNA / UPnP Inaccessible/ Casting fails and it told me to go to Tools>options> Media Sharing. I have searched again and again and can't seem to find "Media Options" anywhere.

This ps3 used to sync all of the time and now simply MeidMonkey recognizes it in the Device area but will not sync.

The ps5 show up on my compter.
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

My Media Monkey is 5.0.4.2690

This thing has sync's for weeks and suddenly quit. I have download several Knowledge Base documents to attempt to get this fixed. MeidaMonkey DLNA / UPnP Sever Inaccessible directed me to Tools>Options>Media Sharing.

I have looked and looked for this Media sharing thing and my Mediamonkey doesn't seem to have it

I will keep trying
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

I have deleted everything from the mp3 by setting it bac k to new. I am not sure how I remove sync profiles from MediaMonkey
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Jim,

I'm a bit confused about what problem you're describing. The initial description was about synchronization with an Android device, but follow up messages are about UPnP (iiuc using a PS3 or PS5 to browse MMW5 media content via UPnP).

Can you clarify what the issue is?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

8I have been trying everything that I can to find a solution to the syncing my Android player. I am sorry for the confusion I just was trying to follow a lead that I had read elsewhere. I couldn''t understand why it referred to a Media
sharing option on MediaMonkey.

None of that maters I just want to get this unit working again.
rusty

Post by rusty »

OK. Normally, I would have tried debugging this (as Lowlander initially did when he asked how it was failing). But because your initial message seemed to indicate that you may have multiple profiles configured, it makes it kind of complicated to figure out what's happening / which profile is being used. That's why I suggested starting from scratch. Did you try the steps I linked to previously?

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... c-profile/

-Rusty
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

I read the information but wasn't clear on what I am to be deleting. Do I delete Media Monkey from my computer and then reinstall it. I don't see that there is any MediaMonkey file on the android itself.

Sorry I am so dense. I will try anything to get this fixed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
On PC in MM5 tree node under Devices and Services you will have list of all devices that were connected to PC while MM was started and can be used as Sync device. @Rusty meant that you clean those entries of all devices you do not recognize or you have not used them for sync and then try to sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

I have removed everything but the android and its card. It still dosen't sync.
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

I have cleared all devices off of MediaMonkey and have checked the computer files as well and saw nothing regarding devices on the anroid nor the card
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

I have tried to download MediaMonkey for Android. The only options appear to be is Google which require the android to have an app and Apple that sent the aplication to my firestick.

Is there ANY hope????
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey is only available from either App store.