MMA Re-Downloads Tracks Listened to From Playlist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kmicheal

MMA Re-Downloads Tracks Listened to From Playlist

Post by kmicheal »

Whenever I listen to a track from a playlist on MMA (2.0.0.1076), the next time I do a sync from MMW (5.0.4.2690), along with dowloading new tracks, it re-downloads all the tracks I've listened to from the playlist. It doesn't create duplicate tracks on my phone, so I assume it is replacing the existing tracks, but why is it doing this? Is there some setting in my sync profiles I need to set to stop this from happening? I remember a long time ago, with MM4 and MMA1 this used to happen, and then it stopped but I don't think it was anything I did.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: MMA Re-Downloads Tracks Listened to From Playlist

Post by Lowlander »

Is MMA allowed to lookup metadata like Lyrics or Artwork? This would trigger a resync to get the tag changes written to the files on the device (MMA doesn't tag files directly).
kmicheal

Re: MMA Re-Downloads Tracks Listened to From Playlist

Post by kmicheal »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:42 pm Is MMA allowed to lookup metadata like Lyrics or Artwork? This would trigger a resync to get the tag changes written to the files on the device (MMA doesn't tag files directly).
Ahh, yes, it was checked to update ratings and PLAY HISTORY, so that is what was happening. I've unchecked it now as I'm not concerned with either of these pieces of info. Thank you for the helpful response.

FOLLOW UP: I had some new tracks to sync and I had been listening to some songs on the phone and when I synced it only did the new tracks so it was definitely that check box. Thanks again.