Artists vs. Album Artists

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Eric van den Bosch

Artists vs. Album Artists

Post by Eric van den Bosch »

Hi,

I quite like the new sleek design, but it seems there's one thing missing imo: an Album Artists button. Currently the Artists button shows every single entry on multi-artist compilation albums and every song on an album with a guest artist. When there's a lot of music in your library that means a lot (a lót) of scrolling...

Am I right this isn't an option (yet) or did I miss a trick in the new app?

Cheers,
Eric
Peke

Re: Artists vs. Album Artists

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Use Home screen edit (Pencil Icon) and disable Artist, but enable Album Artist and Track Artist to have it separately.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Eric van den Bosch

Post by Eric van den Bosch »

Brilliant, thanks! I clearly underestimated the team. ;-)

Cheers,
Eric
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Eric van den Bosch wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:18 am Hi,

I quite like the new sleek design, but it seems there's one thing missing imo: an Album Artists button. Currently the Artists button shows every single entry on multi-artist compilation albums and every song on an album with a guest artist. When there's a lot of music in your library that means a lot (a lót) of scrolling...

Am I right this isn't an option (yet) or did I miss a trick in the new app?

Cheers,
Eric
Can you explain a bit? https://nsaneforums.com/topic/438585-va ... t-of-2023/ or "VA - 90er Best Of (2023)"
that I just added seems like a good example. I am getting 1 [or more] entries in Artist View for each Artist in the collection. Album View displays this OK though. Is this what happened to you?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Eric van den Bosch wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:48 am Brilliant, thanks! I clearly underestimated the team. ;-)
Hush please, do not praise us too much or we will get lazy ;)
Happy Monkeying!!!
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:13 pm Can you explain a bit? https://nsaneforums.com/topic/438585-va ... t-of-2023/ or "VA - 90er Best Of (2023)"
that I just added seems like a good example. I am getting 1 [or more] entries in Artist View for each Artist in the collection. Album View displays this OK though. Is this what happened to you?
That is most likely happen to him because example you sent is Compilation Album so ALBUM ARTIST = "Various Artist" and TRACK ARTIST = Actual artist(s) of a track Which Means that under Album Artist -> -> Various Artist -> Albums you will see actual compilation albums and under Track Artist -> Artists -> Albums -> Albums that contain that artist
Best regards,
Peke