What's New In Version 2

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

sixties

What's New In Version 2

Post by sixties »

Where can I find details of what has changed in the new version 2 ? What are the new features and options?
Peke

Re: What's New In Version 2

Post by Peke »

Hi,
here is the list of all bugs that are fixed in MMA2 till date. You can see what actually is fixed/changed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sixties

Post by sixties »

Thanks. Although a list of bug fixes is useful it’s not telling me about any new features or options that have been added in version 2 and that is really what I wanted.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Initial MMA 2.0 is meant to keep all MMA1.x features make it stable on Newest OS and then we added new features.

Major features you can see immediately are:
- Complete UI overhaul
- Simplified Setting up WiFi Sync/DLNA Playback and debugging issues
- Support for newest Android OS
- Improved Navigation (tabbed browsing) and more customization for users to fit their needs
- Stability, Stability
- Added TV mode support (Not fully optimized ATM as General stability)

After 2.0 gets out we mostly depend on users feedback, because our vision of MMA will not fit all the users.
Best regards,
Peke
Andy Caldwell

Post by Andy Caldwell »

Thank you for an update. It updated overnight, I’m getting to grips with all the new changes. I think it’s all good, and am grateful for it I’ve been using pro and desk top for many years. I can’t find how to change the size of the album art while playing. It’s small in the last version I was able to make it larger coming to the progress bar. I can’t see how to change that setting.

Thank you

Andy :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Image sizes, Font sizes and more UI (Skin) customization will come later (you could not change that in MMA 1.x too) after MMA2 gets out and normal enjoyment of listening music on the go is working without annoying stops, cracks, artifacts. Then we can work on UI and fine tuning.

Unlike Windows Version Android is a bit harder as there is Manufacturer factor where they can essentially change everything.
Best regards,
Peke
sixties

Post by sixties »

Thanks very much. What led me to my query was when I noticed that Tracks was missing from the Home screen. Messing about (!) I stumbled on the facility to configure nodes and thereby restored Tracks. This got me curious and wondering what else I might be missing. Anyway I like the changes – especially tabbed browsing in Classical. I’ve been using MM in all its various incarnations since 2011 and think it’s pretty brilliant!

Best wishes

Terry
Andy Caldwell

Post by Andy Caldwell »

Peke wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:42 am Hi,
Image sizes, Font sizes and more UI (Skin) customization will come later (you could not change that in MMA 1.x too) after MMA2 gets out and normal enjoyment of listening music on the go is working without annoying stops, cracks, artifacts. Then we can work on UI and fine tuning.

Unlike Windows Version Android is a bit harder as there is Manufacturer factor where they can essentially change everything.
Thank you Peke, I appreciate your response. I’m delighted with the new update. I’ve been running MMA 2 nonstop for 9 hours straight on a Sony Walkman - One skip (less than MMA 1). Zero crashes - Zero Artifacts. All good, I’ve not done a sync yet but I’m adding a new cd later. Very Good 👍
North2South

Post by North2South »

What has happened to Album Artist, which I have used to sort my list (I use Artists for others involved e.g. band members)?
I would like to reintroduce sorting using this tab.

K
Moonsorrow

Post by Moonsorrow »

I appreciate the effort gone into overhauling the UI, but I really dislike it and much prefer the old look. Is there a way to revert the change for myself? Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, that look has gone.
What do you miss? you can get most of the old look and more with some customizing.
Best regards,
Peke
Moonsorrow

Post by Moonsorrow »

Peke wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:30 am Hi,
No, that look has gone.
What do you miss? you can get most of the old look and more with some customizing.
A couple of things I'm not currently enjoying about the new look.

1/ Album/Artist details obscure a third of the album art now rather than being placed underneath.

2/ Colour inconsistency. Background colour is a huge block of yellow up the top, black in the middle for track titles, and charcol down the bottom for the player. Will there be a way to have it all black from top to bottom in the future where the text at the top could be in yellow instead etc? With maybe that thin yellow bar as a seperation between the 3 areas for example?

3/ I'm now unable to alter the overall vertical height of the 4x2 widget where there is less empty space surrounding it like the previous version. There's a lot to the top and bottom of the widget I can't currently get rid of.

I do like the functionality of being able to switch between tracks, albums, genres etc with ease at the top, just unfortunately I think the previous version was aesthetically much better to look at overall. Sorry!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Moonsorrow wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:25 pm I do like the functionality of being able to switch between tracks, albums, genres etc with ease at the top, just unfortunately I think the previous version was aesthetically much better to look at overall. Sorry!
Nothing to be sorry about, MMA 2.0 is still an infant app and critiques are most welcome. I already complained about screen ratio in views so this is most welcome.
Keep them coming.
Preferably in new topic ;)
Till then Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
legamorf

Post by legamorf »

None of the lyrics I have stored in the "Lyrics" section of MMW are in the new MMA. I am only getting the offer to "look up" lyrics. Why are my lyrics no longer synching with my music? Old MMA this worked totally fine.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is this for newly Synced files? Were they Synced via wi-fi or USB and which version of MMW (Help > About)?