Lyrics Search By Bulk

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jorgebuster

Lyrics Search By Bulk

Post by jorgebuster »

Hello Everyone

Have been looking for an answer but can't find it. On MM4 used to have access to Lyricator and was able to select an album or bunch of them and look up for missing lyrics. I moved to MM5 and its great however cant find the way to do the same thing. I put auto tag but that will look for everything else but lyrics.

Love my MM5 just wanted to keep up with my keeping my collection up to date with all the info

Thanks a lot for your help.
AlanH

Re: Lyrics Search By Bulk

Post by AlanH »

I have it set in options to only search for lyrics in autotag.
jorgebuster

Post by jorgebuster »

Yeah I saw it but was looking for a more faster or flexible way to do it
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no bulk lookup available.
willyvds

Post by willyvds »

Is there a way to force MM to search for the lyrics of a particular song, e.g. the song which is playing?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

MM will auto search for the lyrics of the song currently playing if you have the Lyrics panel on display in one of the side panels (View>Layout menu).

I think you would also need to Lyrics checked at Tools>Options>Library>MetadataLookup.

The manual indicates that this is also available in the Preview display, but I could not get it going there on its own.

If you meant that you only wanted the lyrics on demand, for the playing track, you could create a Hot Key for the action "View: Lyrics". That will open the Lyrics panel, which will trigger the lookup.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If Lyrics is enabled to be shown in Preview and it's on the Playing tab it will be looked up if auto-lookup is enabled.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:23 pm If Lyrics is enabled to be shown in Preview and it's on the Playing tab it will be looked up if auto-lookup is enabled.
OK, that is not what I saw yesterday, but I think that I must have had the Preview panel toggled to "Selected".
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.