[REQ] randomize button

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

railfan-eric

[REQ] randomize button

Post by railfan-eric »

I have a feature request. I like the randomize function better then shuffle. can the shuffle button be made to select either "shuffle" or "randomize"? or a separate button next to it? I don't like how it's hidden away in the menu by the now playing list. and likewise for the app.
Rob_S

Re: [REQ] randomize button

Post by Rob_S »

I would not be surprised if many users are not aware of this function. It is very useful in that within the established randomized list you can see what will play next, and next previous works as expected. You can also add tracks to the now playing list to be played next, and they actually will play next.

Together with that, I am still hoping one day they will have queues, which can be saved and reopened, where it remembers where you were at.

For those of us who like to play a fairly big assortment of tracks, and maybe in between, some other tracks for testing etc, this would enable us to return to our previous queue and continue where we left off, with no risk of re-hearing the tracks we played already.

If anyone wants to see how this works, just try musicolet app on your android phone. Plays local tracks only, nothing online, no streaming.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Rob_S wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:55 am For those of us who like to play a fairly big assortment of tracks, and maybe in between, some other tracks for testing etc, this would enable us to return to our previous queue and continue where we left off, with no risk of re-hearing the tracks we played already.
This is one of the things that is slowly pushing me towards a combination of foobar2k and mp3tag, rather than MM.
Village Idiot

Post by Village Idiot »

Would'nt Auto DJ get you half way there? I use Auto DJ about 98% of the time. It never replays a track and I do believe that you can set it for playlists. Correct me if I am wrong though. But I know it does not remember where it was, or brings it back if you empty it. But it will remember the play que if you close MM and reopen it.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Note, that Shuffle mode will be different from version 5.1 and function will be similar to current Randomize list: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18988