Searching to replace

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

DJSTRETCH

Searching to replace

Post by DJSTRETCH »

Greetings,

I'm trying to remove the " 100" at the end of the title for several songs. The BPM is in the title, and I don't want it there. :)

When I create an auto playlist to find all that has this at the end of the title, I don't see the options to choose - title that ends with. I see begins with.

Can you add a find / Replace function and also the "ends with" for the criteria within auto playlist.

1. replace this with that
2. remove X amount of characters from beginning or end of this field

Example:
title: Jump Jump (13)
Remove the " (13) or Remove the last 5 characters from the end of this field.
Lowlander

Re: Searching to replace

Post by Lowlander »

Is this part of the filename? If so, you may be able to use Auto-Tag from Filename to remove it.

There is however no way to identify these files.
sonos

Post by sonos »

There is a program Mp3tag (https://www.mp3tag.de/download.html) that can do this job. After changing the tags in Mp3tag, these tracks/files must be re-read in MM5 via File -> Add/Rescan ..... .

Carsten
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Hi,

I also want to use Tag from Filename to remove a Composer field from the Title in some tracks. Here's an example pathname with a variable composer field at the end of the song title:
E:\MediaMonkey Music Files\Harry Nilsson\Nilsson Schmilsson CD\Harry Nilsson _ Nilsson Schmilsson CD _ 01 _ Gotta Get Up (Nilsson).mp3
My problem is that the composer (Nilsson) has been appended to the track title Gotta Get Up, and I want to automatically remove it for all tracks in that album and some others.

The help text at https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... lename/5.0 indicates down the bottom of the screen that <Skip> can be used as a mask element:
#TDK#Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy (003).mp3
<Skip:5><Artist> - <Title> (<Track#:3>)
So I thought I could use this to skip the Composer element. But the definitive mask field list at https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ormats/5.0 doesn't list Skip as a field in its own right. So, I assume that either the help text or the mask list needs to be updated.

In the end I found that I could fix to my issue by using this mask:
\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> _ <Album> _ <Track#:2> _ <Title> (<Composer>), which both removes the (Composer) value from the tile and assigns the Composer value to the Composer tag.

Cheers
Matt
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

<Skip> has been changed to <Ignore> in MediaMonkey 5.