Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumfeld) [#19951]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Kap1A

Re: Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumfeld) [#19951]

Post by Kap1A »

I wrote again to the teufel support and asked also for support from teufel to your company, and this is what they answered:

"The Raumfeld system is a closed system that can only be operated via its own app (except Spotify Connect).

Control via other software is not intended.

The integration of a media server always comes with small restrictions, as Raumfeld then has no direct access to the titles and tags.

This means that one tag or another may not be transferred from the media server and cover images may not be transferred either. It helps to integrate the music collection via a network drive (smb) or USB, as Raumfeld then has direct access to folders and files, as well as their tags.

Since we are aware of the fact that many users would like to use an open system to be able to use their favorite apps, we are currently developing the Teufel Home System.

The Motiv Home is the first speaker of this new generation. More will follow soon. Any app can be used to control this via Chromecast or Airplay2."

This would mean that I probably have to invest in new speakers,what I definitely won't do.

At this stage I have to understand that I now have some really overpriced Bluetooth speakers.

Maybe the answer is similar to what you received from Sonos. :(
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
OUCH, That hurts. Yes it is something similar to Sonos reply.
Kap1A wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:54 am can only be operated via its own app (except Spotify Connect)
Unfortunately it is only GUI to access Spotify Service while playback is online streaming only. Also Spotify is paid service, where you do not own music just lease it to play. Implementing SMB3 license cost and involve much more work than implement DLNA renderer, which BTW can support all Metadata needed for device stream from MM to TV. Only difference is that in case of renderer Teufel is not the one controlling stats on number of files, metadata, but acts like any 8USD Aliexpress Cast Device, playing music.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rumcajs

Re: Again, Casting only one Song

Post by Rumcajs »

Kap1A wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:01 am So here is the log Y93H2F93I7

MMA2 stops after casting 2 songs or so (I wasn't in the room).

But the display in MMA2 was still running. As I switched back in MMA2 to menu the track time then also stopped and the track time shows 10:24 min (this is way to long for this track). It seems that MMA2 didn't catch the end of the last song when casting stops?
The same thing is happening when casting through my Wiim Pro. It doesn't happen always, but still on a regular basis. A song ends and MMA doesn't go to the next song. When I check the screen, I catch a glimpse of the total time of the song and it shows a much longer song length then the song actually has. However, once I check the screen, the playback usually resumes (unlocking the screen fixes the issue).

I was advised that it could be aggressive battery management setting, but removing the power saving function actually made the issue even worse. I though the issue could be caused by the Wiim app effectively running in the background similarly to your app, but the issue does not exist when casting through different apps (such as Bandcamp). Have you tried casting through different apps than MMA? And did you also experience the same issue?

What is also odd is the playback is
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Only tested with MMA2 and/or the teufel app (which seems to be the hifi cast app), see my further posts.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Kap1A wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:06 pm Only tested with MMA2 and/or the teufel app (which seems to be the hifi cast app), see my further posts.
Unfortunately, as noted by teufel, their teufel app is proprietary closed source app, which even contain DLNA/UPnP standard , most likely have own code so that other third party apps can't stream as good as their app and they are not interested to cooperate.
Rumcajs wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:43 pm However, once I check the screen, the playback usually resumes (unlocking the screen fixes the issue).
This really sounds like MMA app is killed (not allowed to play in background) after Track ends than issue Kap1A describe.

When MMA stops can you tap next on Lock screen or Notification player and MMA continue playback of next track?
Best regards,
Peke
Rumcajs

Post by Rumcajs »

Peke wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:59 pm This really sounds like MMA app is killed (not allowed to play in background) after Track ends than issue Kap1A describe.

When MMA stops can you tap next on Lock screen or Notification player and MMA continue playback of next track?
Well, the thing is this doesn't happen always. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. I would say that it generally happens after about three songs. And once I unlock the screen, the playback resumes automatically, I don't have to tap anything, though the unlock screen shows the playback for MMA.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Rumcajs wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:29 pm Well, the thing is this doesn't happen always. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. I would say that it generally happens after about three songs. And once I unlock the screen, the playback resumes automatically, I don't have to tap anything, though the unlock screen shows the playback for MMA.
Unfortunately, that all points to your personal phone settings :(
Best regards,
Peke