MMA 2 feedback / Podcast & Audiobook suggestions

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jduffus

MMA 2 feedback / Podcast & Audiobook suggestions

Post by jduffus »

I feel "heard." I posted a grousing comment in another thread about being stuck on version 1.4.5 and within 12 hours I got an update notice for MMA Pro and then for MMA 2.0. Magic! Thank you.

I'll repeat here my suggestions for MMA2 after using it for a bit.

1. For we users who listen to podcasts, a 30-second forward skip would be a nice feature. Podcasts these days contain ads that are 30 seconds, 1 minute or 2 minutes. Having a fast way to jump past those would be great.

2. For those who listen to audiobooks, allowing a separate equalization setting for audiobook and/or podcast modules so vocal tracks will be more pleasant to listen to without having to adjust the EQ.

3. In the PnP function, which I use at home, one problem I consistently have is when I try to stream a particular album from my computer to my phone. After I choose the album through the browsing functions, the tracks almost never show up in regular track number order. At least, not the first time. I've learned that pressing BACK then selecting the album a second time usually delivers the album tracks in the correct order. In a bit of testing with MMA2, it looks like this has been fixed.

4. Adding a podcast subscription capability to MMA2 would be great for people who can't sync to their desktop MMW because they are away from their home computer.
rusty

Re: MMA 2 feedback / Podcast & Audiobook suggestions

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback!

Re. the enhancement requests, I"ve put a little heart on your thread to remind us to look through the suggestions when we plan for future versions. ATM, our focus is on fixing bugs and getting MMA 2.0 stable enough for release.

Re. the UPnP ordering bug, it's partially fixed--we're still working on this one:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19624

-Rusty