MMA 2 Wi-Fi Sync: Global error 2 [#19357]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

MMA 2 Wi-Fi Sync: Global error 2 [#19357]

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

After this update and all the changes, is it recommended to do a WiFi Sync with MM5?
EDIT: I just tried doing a WiFi Sync to MM5 twice. Both times, after the initial scan, I got "Global error2, Unknown Error. And, the bottom right of this pop-up, a link to Sync Settings?
rusty

Re: MMA 2 Wi-Fi Sync: Global error 2 [#19357]

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for this report. We'd observed this during internal testing, but it was fixed in our test environments and we're no longer able to replicate this. See: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19357

Can you run MM, replicate the bug, and then submit a debug log (Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here? Also if you could let us know a bit about the sync configuration, that might help.

Thanks!

-Rusty
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I'll do the replication tomorrow. Can you give me some examples of Sync Configurations that you want?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! Types of info that would be helpful:

- Types of content on the sync list
- Deletion settings on the sync list
- Is bi-di sync enabled (e.g. Device --> Library)
- Any non-default settings in the 'Sync Profile' tab? (auto-conversion / file locations / Tagging / Playlists)

-Rusty
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Is there someway to copy all of the Sync Settings? It seems like this is what you want?

Types of Content>Music only
Deletion settings, what are recommended?
I usually have Library>Device only. No Bi-Di
Examples of non-default settings?

EDIT: Maybe you could do a quick remote session into my phone and eyeball whatever settings you need?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Scratch the above . Today, I did a WiFi Sync [did not change anything] and it worked fine?? [So, no log?]
Q: After you do a WiFi sync, is it necessary to do "Check for new/changed media"? This seems to take a long time?
EDIT: I forgot. I did delete an album in MM5. No prob. AND, then I did the WiFi Sync. I wanted change something first. Sorry for the confusion...
rusty

Post by rusty »

Too bad. If the issue crops up again, please capture the log and let us know.

Re. sync settings:
- Deletion settings: I like MM to delete _library_ tracks that aren't on the sync list. That way the content is what I expect, but it won't delete tracks that e.g. are added by a podcast app.
- Other settings: you can just share screen grabs of the tabs OR in MMW5 go to the Device > Sync profile > Manage Settings > Export settings, and share the file with us (best to do that via the helpdesk to keep it private).

As to your questions:
- No need to 'Check for new/changed media' after a sync. It can take awhile because MM is verifying all tracks for changes

Thanks!

-Rusty
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

rusty wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:45 pm Too bad. If the issue crops up again, please capture the log and let us know.

Re. sync settings:
- Deletion settings: I like MM to delete _library_ tracks that aren't on the sync list. That way the content is what I expect, but it won't delete tracks that e.g. are added by a podcast app.
- Other settings: you can just share screen grabs of the tabs OR in MMW5 go to the Device > Sync profile > Manage Settings > Export settings, and share the file with us (best to do that via the helpdesk to keep it private).

As to your questions:
- No need to 'Check for new/changed media' after a sync. It can take awhile because MM is verifying all tracks for changes

Thanks!

-Rusty
Deletion Settings - Agreed.
I forgot about the Export Settings in MM5. I might do that soon.
Finally, thanks for the last