Changing Summary Field Order

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

plain

Changing Summary Field Order

Post by plain »

In MMW4 4.1.31.1919 I would like to change the order of "Artist" and "Album" to "Album" then "Artist" in the Summary column. Right now Artist is bolded and on top I would like to swap them. I can't find a means of changing the order in the "Summary" column. Any ideas a novice can carry out?
Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Changing Summary Field Order

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Playback Rules should allow you to do this.
plain

Post by plain »

Ha Ha! Do you ever go to sleep? Okay I will try this out. Thanks!
plain

Post by plain »

I tried switching Artist and Title but no luck. To be clear this is for the "Summary" column on the main window. I noticed MMW5 shows Album title first then artist but MMW4 is the other way around. My apologies, it is labeled "Summary (Art View)". Sorry.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MM5: cannot be customized at this time, but is on the to-do list.

MM4:
"Artist" can be different (samplers). This keeps the album together with Various-Artists (VAR).
You must use "Album-artist".

Look at the album of "SHAGGY" at 2nd picture. This is a typical sampler album ("Album Artist" = VAR)

$if(<Album>,<Album>,)
$if(<Album-artist>,<Album-artist>,)

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
plain

Post by plain »

@Erwin Hanzi:
Thanks for the reply. When I go to Tools/Options/Player/Playback Rules my Art View rules look like this:

1st line- $if(<Album>,<Album Artist>,<Artist>)

2nd line- $if(<Album>,<Album>,$if($viewmode=3,$if($groupcount=1,<Title>)))

What I am aiming for is how yours is set up with "album" showing on top and bolded, then album artist.

I have tried the Wiki but it leaves me even more confused. For instance, searching for "viewmode" gives me options 0-2 while as you can see instructions in my version have a "viewmode=3". If you can point me to a procedure or overview of how instructions are to be entered and how they are interpreted it might help me figure some of this. I probably should have done this long ago but life gets in the way.

Thanks Again
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Basically, this is also the case in an EXCEL formula: If condition is TRUE, do this, else do this

My 1st line: $if(<Album>,<Album>,)
says: if there is an entry in the "Album" field, use that entry, otherwise NOTHING

My 2nd line: $if(<Album-artist>,<Album-artist>,)
says: if there is an entry in the "Album Artist" field, use that entry, otherwise NOTHING

And that's where the problem begins: if there are different album artists in an album, the album is displayed "torn".
That's why I ALWAYS use the entry "Sampler" or "VAR" for albums with different album artists

You can copy my two bold formulas from this post here and paste (replace) them into MM4.
Then restart MM4.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
plain

Post by plain »

Thank You Erwin Hanzi and Lowlander:

Your answer helped a lot! Things are clearer now. I dreaded "breaking" something but once you guys helped me over the hurdle I have managed to change something that's bothered me for years.

Much Appreciated!