Old Zen Xtra not seen by MM 4 but seen in windows

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

untel123

Old Zen Xtra not seen by MM 4 but seen in windows

Post by untel123 »

Hello,

Few weeks ago, my trusty Zen Xtra (now working as fix media player) perfectly worked with MM4 and Windows 11. Windows 11 was updated from W7 then 10 then 11. Everything worked perfectly.

Recently I had to reinstall Windows 11 and today, I noticed that my Zen Xtra is no more seen by MM4. It appears in windows explorer but is not shown in MM media tree, nor than in portable Device Sync.

I moved MM4 from a diskbackup without any problem. I now suppose that a driver is missing somewhere or .... a special setting that was done years ago. I've searched internet but I could not find anything. I also installed the Creative driver but it didn't work. I validated that d_WMDM.dll is in Mediamonkey plugins folder.

Thanks in advance.
untel123

Re: Old Zen Xtra not seen by MM 4 but seen in windows

Post by untel123 »

I took the time to connect my Samsung S8 and it's not seen by MM4 but seen by Windows Explorer. I installed the Samsung usb driver but MM4 does not see it. So MM4 seems to not see any MTP device.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try reinstalling MediaMonkey, it may resolve the issue.
untel123

Post by untel123 »

Hi Lowlander,

While waiting for an answer I did some testing. As I have a portable with Windows 10 and Mediamonkey seeing the MTP devices, I thought I could move the files from the working PC (portable W10) to the non-working one (Desktop W11). In fact, I just moved the MM Database file, and .... MM4 now sees the MTP devices.

Would that have worked in reinstalling MMW4 ? As I did a clean install with W11, I had to reinstall MMW4 but ... at that time I didn't think I had to install / activate the MTP drivers. So, for those having the problem I would say, ensure you have a MTP driver for your device, install wpdmtp.inf (included in W10 and W11), ensure MTP in enabled and MTP services is working and then reinstall MMW4. Google MTP not working to find lot of posts on these steps.

Thank you Lowlander for your continuous excellent customer service ! I appreciate