[SOLVED] MM splits up album tracks when sorted by date

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

meatsean

[SOLVED] MM splits up album tracks when sorted by date

Post by meatsean »

When I sort by track#, MM sorts ascending but keep all tracks together.

When I sort by date, MM splits up tracks by date (see screenshot below). Why can't MM keep all tracks together after sort by date?

gif uploading site

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: MM splits up album tracks when sorted by date

Post by Lowlander »

Because Date has differing values (which isn't expected), but that is expected for Track#. As you can see each date value has it's own section.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try this. When you use that View I guess you would like to first have sorted by Album and then by Year, so you CLICK ON ALBUM and then use CTRL+CLICK ON YEAR and then tracks will be sorted by YEAR within each Album. If you want to have sort only by year then View you selected would not satisfy your needs and most probably you would like to use GRID views?

Maybe I am wrong.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

@PeKe: I think you are on to something.

Your solution (click on album and then use CTRL+click on year) works perfectly if album artist has a single album.

But if album artist has one than one album, MM does not sort by year within each album. Please see below how MM splits up Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits disk 1 and disk 2.

How do I get to GRID view?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you have differing Album values, this they're seen as different Albums by MediaMonkey. Disc# should be put in the Disc# field instead of included in the Album field.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
meatsean wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:55 pm But if album artist has one than one album, MM does not sort by year within each album. Please see below how MM splits up Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits disk 1 and disk 2.
Well based on your picture Lowlander is correct there is some incorrect metadata on those albums eg. ALBUM should be "The Greatest Hits" without Disk 1/2, also ALBUM ARTIST (not Artist) Is different/missing and Disk# is not populated.

MM Support multi sort options so you can actually sort in wished order eg. ALBUM ARTIST + ALBUM + YEAR (HOLD CTRL to add second, third sort). To get Album artist Column right click on Columns header -> Choose Columns/Sort.

Re grid: On TOP RIGHT above track listing You should have Icon with Down Arrow that will allow you to set/change views for selected Tree Node.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Thank you. So, I fixed Album values and inserted disk# in the disk# field. I didn’t see the issue with Album Artist values but I renamed Album Artist in case there was incorrect value. And voilà, MM is sorting as required. Thank you for your help.