My Playlists are messed up, how can I easily repair them?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

d4005

My Playlists are messed up, how can I easily repair them?

Post by d4005 »

I created a bunch of playlists in MM4 and they're currently not working. When I click on a song in the playlist it auto-skips to the next (the standard behavior for when a file is missing) and it keeps doing that until it gets to the end of the playlist.

Backstory:

I have all of the mp3 files on a folder on drive F. On my old PC drive F was an external drive and I called it F-Ext (yes, I'm imaginative with naming). I migrated the media monkey and the external drive to a new machine and all was fine. At one point I realized that drive F was no longer external so I renamed it F-Int (I won an award for that name).

Now when I look at the location column in the playlists instead of just saying F:\Media\My Music\blablabla it instead says [F-Ext]\Media\My Music\blablabla. Somehow the drive's name got used instead of just the drive letter. I thought I'd be clever and just rename the drive back to F-Ext and all would be well, but no such luck. They still auto-skip as if the files don't exist.

So I'd like to fix all my MM playlists using an editor and the wonders of global replacing (replace [F-Ext] with F: or [F-Int], whichever it's happiest with). I don't seem to be able to find them with a search on my C drive for *.m3u. I found one in the Roaming folder but I think it might have been a relic because fixing it to F: made no difference.

Where are they all stored?
Lowlander

Re: My Playlists are messed up, how can I easily repair them?

Post by Lowlander »

d4005

Re: My Playlists are messed up, how can I easily repair them?

Post by d4005 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:51 am You need to fix the driveID: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63823
Thanks a lot - that was way easier than I thought. The script ran for 1.76 seconds and fixed all of the files :D