Synced Ipod, now shows 0 music

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

quickster

Synced Ipod, now shows 0 music

Post by quickster »

Hi, first time posting. I plugged in my Classic 80gb Ipod to play music from it's library. The complete library shows up, but after I disconnect the Ipod shows that it's empty. 0 music. I plug it back into the computer and it shows the complete library is still there, taking up space. All the games still work, alarm,etc.
So I wanted to test my smaller ipod to see if that worked, and maybe it was just the Classic acting up. Well all my music shows on the smaller Ipod, and when I disconnected, it also shows I have 0 music. Plug it back in and it's all there on the screen.
Is there something that I'm supposed to be doing or syncing? I have MM4 Gold lifetime. I'm running Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Synced Ipod, now shows 0 music

Post by Lowlander »

Did you update the iPod plugin before Sync: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/ This is required as Apple changed the way files are handled.
quickster

Post by quickster »

No I did not. will take a look asap. Thanks
quickster

Post by quickster »

So I was able to download the Ipod plugin, but still no go. I tried copying my library in the small Ipod, then wiping the contents. Then tried reinstalling the library. Actually installed only 9gb of 15gb. But when you go to music, it shows 0 songs. I checked the settings, and it shows now 9gb in "other" category. Nothing in music. I'm not going to try anything on my 80gb Classic out of fear of losing everything. On the 80gb, in settings it shows 18gb, which is all I have on it, in audio. So the music is there, on both I presume, but when you go to play it shows 0 songs. And I'm not trying to complain, but it happened after I plugged into MM. I'm stumped. Could an anti virus program have some effect? Or program settings? When I went thru the Nano, I noticed 6 receipts from some work I had done to my bike, that I have saved via photo, are on the Nano. I didn't even remember them, but there they are.
Do I uninstall MM, then try to reinstall? Any ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The problem is that Apple changed the way it handles files on their devices.

Are you sure the iPod plugin has been updated? You may need to do a device reset before you're able to resync files again without them not showing on the device itself.
quickster

Post by quickster »

Yeah I updated correctly. I plugged my 80gb into the computer just to charge and I ended up with the same 6 photos of receipts that showed up on the Nano. I think MM is corrupt. I'm thinking of saving my music the uninstalling and reinstalling MM. Is that going to be a problem? I need to put the files in a folder, but will I be able to put them back to MM without a problem? I gave most of my cd's away to my son and I can't go through downloading all my music again.
quickster

Post by quickster »

For the hell of it I went and downloaded the new ipod installer again. Once i installed, i got an error message that it wouldn't install, then I pressed cancel, and once that popup went away it said that it was installed successfully????? which one do I trust?
ldarlee

Post by ldarlee »

This just happened to me also. Did you ever resolve the issue?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you update the plugin before Sync: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... nc-plugin/
quickster

Post by quickster »

No, I haven't fixed it yet. I want to uninstall MM then reinstall, but I'm afraid I'll lose my library. Totally frustrating. When I connect my Ipod to MM my music shows up when I click on my Ipod in the lefthand column. But shows zero when I go to listen directly from the Ipod.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should've updated the plugin before Sync. Uninstalling/Reinstalling MediaMonkey won't do anything to fix this.
quickster

Post by quickster »

Lowlander, it looks like MM changed the file type. My "music" now shows up under settings on the Ipod as "other" instead of audio. The music is there, but my Ipod doesn't recognize it. Why would MM do that?
So then what are you saying; because I didn't see that there was an update, to which there was no notice, it's on me? MM bricked my 2 Ipods plus from what I've seen other people's too. I'd appreciate a fix. All my music is on MM and my Ipod. I can buy a used one online, but what if that one gets bricked too? I'd appreciate it if someone would get on this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iPod isn't bricked. Apples file system management changed which causes it not to see the files. Re-Sync with the updated plugin may be enough to fix it, otherwise you may need reset and then Sync again.
quickster

Post by quickster »

I did the update, but nothing has changed. If I reset the Ipod, I lose all my music. And it seems like the music on the ipod won't transfer to MM. I thought about resetting, but I need a way to back my music on the Ipod up. Going to give it another shot.
quickster

Post by quickster »

I went to look for updates a few days ago, and all it stated was that there was an update to get MM5. No looking to do that yet, unless it would fix things.