No more Album-Art (at all)

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Kodijack

No more Album-Art (at all)

Post by Kodijack »

Hi!

Everything works fine (v5.0.1.2433 portable).
BUT there is absolutely no album-art anymore. Not while playing, not while downloading (tagging). Strangely though, they are not gone. In the Artwork-tab i can see the thumbnail, and when i click on it it shortly pops up and closes again quickly. In the sidebar there is no artwork at all either.
This is no super-biggie, but I love my artwork...what can I do?
Peke

Re: No more Album-Art (at all)

Post by Peke »

YHi,
Try with latest build from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Thanks Peke!

I thought I already was on the latest as "checking for updates" said that. Anyhow, installed it and now it's worse :D
Still no album-art, but whenever I go to properties of a song some empty browser-window pops up and that's about it.
Double-clicking on the artwork opens a fullscreen-window and instantly closes it.
Hope that helps?
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Did you try File, add/rescan your library?

Was this an upgrade from MM4?
Using V2024 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 11, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
producer_ben

Post by producer_ben »

I do agree with Kodijack.

With the most recent MM5, prtable, there seems to be an issue with reading album artwork stored in tags.

I spent many days ensuring they all had the correct artwork stored in the tag using MP3 tag (these are FLAC btw).

When I add to my library, it takes a while to display, but when left for a few hours (I have over 47,000), the artwork is mainly there, but some album art is not there at all.

I can live with it, but just so you're aware that Kodijack isn't the only person that's got an album art problem :)
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Rob_S wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:14 am Did you try File, add/rescan your library?

Was this an upgrade from MM4?
Yes, add/rescan doesn't change anything. Art isn't imported at all (or so it seems).
And yes, upgrade from mm4. But a long while ago and all was fine so far.

Mainly FLACs and images are stored in tags, if that is of any importance.
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Addition: Even the main-menu does that. Means instead of opening the menu-node it pops up a browser-window with waaaay too big icons and text (though the usual as "about" / "check for update"). But nothing is clickable.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is the correct Artwork shown as the first Artwork in the Properties > Artwork tab for files that MediaMonkey fails to show Artwork? Maybe deleting the artwork folders in the MediaMonkey Temp folder (set under Tools > Options > General) will fix this issue (it may be a bad cache causing the problems).
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:46 pm Is the correct Artwork shown as the first Artwork in the Properties > Artwork tab for files that MediaMonkey fails to show Artwork? Maybe deleting the artwork folders in the MediaMonkey Temp folder (set under Tools > Options > General) will fix this issue (it may be a bad cache causing the problems).
It fails completely with EVERY artwork globally. Also since the very latest version I cannot even use the context-menu or top-menu at all.
Hence I can't even enter the options to try anything :-(
But besides, already killed the cache, used the same drive as always and formatted it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're not accessing files from a local drive or file server. What is the start of the Path of files for which this fails? Maybe they're on a DLNA Server instead for which editing isn't possible and Artwork would be served (or in this case maybe failed to be served) by the DLNA Server.
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:56 pm It sounds like you're not accessing files from a local drive or file server. What is the start of the Path of files for which this fails? Maybe they're on a DLNA Server instead for which editing isn't possible and Artwork would be served (or in this case maybe failed to be served) by the DLNA Server.
Thanks for your help, but no. Not a DLNA-Issue. It's server-sided, all files are accessible through \\<server>\<folder> etc.
And MM has enough rights to access them.
Did I mention that I can play all my music, and sync it?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could try a clean Portable Install, scan in a few Albums and see if the problem persists. MediaMonkey itself should've no issue with this, but it could be a database corruption/bad cache issue on the MediaMonkey side. A separate Portable Install (don't import the database) could highlight if this is a potential problem.
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:20 pm You could try a clean Portable Install
Oh yes, good idea. I did try that and the result is: OH CR*P....it works. Not very surprisingly but...that means my installation
is somehow borked or my DB corrupted?
This is horrible, what can I do? I build up this DB since...since...when did MM came out?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

So on the "broken" install if you access the Properties > Artwork tab on the file then:

Is there no artwork or rather there is an artwork deadlink ?
i.e. if you hover over the artwork image there it should show a path to the image artwork file, what's the path ?
I mean the "Stored in ..." tooltip.

And if there is no artwork in the Properties > Artwork then I suppose that re-scanning the file(s) location should pick up the artwork unless this options is enabled:
Options > Library > [x] Scan file directories for artwork
is the option enabled in your case ?
Kodijack

Post by Kodijack »

This is what happens when I click "properties" on any song:

That browser-window-thingie pops up and that's it. It pops up on everything. Main-menu, properties...
It's probably more a broken (context-)menu than a broken artwork itself. I guess...
So I can't say the path or anything as I cannot access anything.