MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Moderator: Gurus

Ricker101

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Post by Ricker101 »

jiri - I was able to find the settings. I turned off volume leveling but the hiss remains? All other audio apps work just fine. I even went into the music folder through browser, right clicked and used the "Open With" feature. Produced a hiss. I moved music files from the SD card to the C: drive, same thing. I used an offline account, same result.

Please tell me I am not looking at a thing of beauty from behind a plate glass window
jiri wrote:It's the default Settings button - just swipe from right screen edge.

Jiri
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Sounds like hiss is being created by pulling song off sd card through screen door to allow mm to play it, now i think win 8 is putting the screen door there not mediamonkey,
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

My tablet is hooked to an audio jack (Bose desktop speakers). I pulled the audio jack out and there is no sound at all not even a hiss. When I look at the volume button, it appears to be "subdued" but when i click it, it the volume slider appears but no sound??
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Nope not true. I played music from C: drive. Same result
rovingcowboy wrote:Sounds like hiss is being created by pulling song off sd card through screen door to allow mm to play it, now i think win 8 is putting the screen door there not mediamonkey,
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Ricker101 wrote:My tablet is hooked to an audio jack (Bose desktop speakers). I pulled the audio jack out and there is no sound at all not even a hiss. When I look at the volume button, it appears to be "subdued" but when i click it, it the volume slider appears but no sound??
So its a amp issue.
Wouldn't that be taken care of by use of codecs?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

I hope you aren't asking me cuz I don't know what you just said
rovingcowboy wrote:
Ricker101 wrote:My tablet is hooked to an audio jack (Bose desktop speakers). I pulled the audio jack out and there is no sound at all not even a hiss. When I look at the volume button, it appears to be "subdued" but when i click it, it the volume slider appears but no sound??
So its a amp issue.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

What's an Amp issue? Oh and by the way - I am getting hiss straight from tablet now too
Ricker101 wrote:I hope you aren't asking me cuz I don't know what you just said
rovingcowboy wrote:
So its a amp issue.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Amplification issue, and codecs are what is used to control music and video
So i'm thinking win 8 is wanting a different codec then what mm has.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

I'm no smarty pants but shouldn't that be built into MediaMonkey? To my knowledge you can't install any third party software in Windows Rt?
rovingcowboy wrote:Amplification issue, and codecs are what is used to control music and video
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Ricker101 wrote:I'm no smarty pants but shouldn't that be built into MediaMonkey? To my knowledge you can't install any third party software in Windows Rt?
rovingcowboy wrote:Amplification issue, and codecs are what is used to control music and video
Yes it should be if you can not install codecs then mm has to do it, which is why i said that so they might see it and check to see if that was indeed the error, i was just informing you cause you said you didnt know what it was. We are all helpful here in this forum, :D
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Ricker101, if i understand you correctly, you had your tablet connected to a sound system, right ? When you disconnected you said you cannot hear any sound ... did you tried to restart tablet while disconnected and try to play anything ?
Last edited by PetrCBR on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

My apologies I thought you might have been a developer? I guess then we wait to see if an update fixes this issue then - yes?
rovingcowboy wrote:
Ricker101 wrote:I'm no smarty pants but shouldn't that be built into MediaMonkey? To my knowledge you can't install any third party software in Windows Rt?
Yes it should be if you can not install codecs then mm has to do it, which is why i said that so they might see it and check to see if that was indeed the error, i was just informing you cause you said you didnt know what it was. We are all helpful here in this forum, :D
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Oh yes I have tried everything. When I restarted the tablet the hiss appeared through the tablets speakers. I then plugged the audio jack in and the hiss continued, when I then unplugged the audio jack it was silent again. I restarted again and the hiss again reappeared through the tablet speakers
PetrCBR wrote:Ricker101, if i understand you correctly, you had your tabler connected to a sound system, right ? When you disconnected you said you cannot hear any sound ... did you tried to restart tablet while disconnected and try to play anything ?
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

This is frusterating because this music App rivals even their desktop software. It is absolutley beautiful and BY FAR the most functional audio App on the internet today!

I did notice when trying to use the WI-FI sync it said that this feature is not available in the free version. maybe the Pro version will have the codecs?
Last edited by Ricker101 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I'm not a programmer or mm developer but petrcbr is.