Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Monkey Rok 5.3 - Updated 27/06/2010

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you for your quick response. I updated to version 5.3 today.

Anything you add to this wonderful script will be great. I tried out the classic tab skin and I get the same problems;

Nothing shows up when clicking the Artist Comment and Album Comment tabs.
Lyrics do not change with the song if it is an external panel. Lyrics change if selected in the Text panel.
If I start another track by double clicking it, all tabs disappear. I can't get them back until I make MR restart. I usually do this by clicking on the Options icon and closing the window making the Active X message appear. Once MR resets, tabs are there.

I hope this helps.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll take a look in the next version, see what I can do.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

rrfpacker wrote:Nothing shows up when clicking the Artist Comment and Album Comment tabs.
I hate to sound patronising, but have you added artist and album comments? You need to right click on the artist or album in the tree and select "Properties" to do this. They're certainly displaying for me with the "classic_tabs" skin.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

rrfpacker wrote:If I start another track by double clicking it, all tabs disappear. I can't get them back until I make MR restart. I usually do this by clicking on the Options icon and closing the window making the Active X message appear. Once MR resets, tabs are there.
I can't replicate this, which makes me think that maybe it's related to the ActiveX messages - have you tried switching them off?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

DreadM wrote:1:If you hide date added info ,Ratings also hide
2:In Some cases the Artist images on Slidshow mode overlays the below panels, i can't say exactly when it happens but sometimes it does!
(1) I've fixed but (2) I can't replicate - any chance you could give me any more information at all?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

dypsis wrote:What is supposed to be displaying there when there is no track in the Playlist? Have you tried clearing your Playlist, then restarting MediaMonkey to see if you get what I get?
I've done some digging and you're supposed to get a pretty much blank screen, which just tells you some version information and nothing else. I don't know what that image is, it must be something the skin you're using is doing which is stopping everything else from being hidden like it should be.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:
DreadM wrote:1:If you hide date added info, Ratings also hide.
(1) I've fixed
I hate to say it, but this is not fixed for me either. When I hide "Date Added," "Ratings" also hide.
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Trixmoto,

You are not patronizing or condescending (I added that) at all. I have been known to miss things. I have added Artist and Album comments by right-clicking the artist/album > Properties and by clicking on the artist/album and clicking the Properties icon. Neither produce a comment using the classics_tab skin.

I expect to see the comment below the tabs, just like the albums or biography. One more note, the Artist and Album comment display in the non-tabbed version of whatever skin I use, they just don't show up in the tabbed version. I am running MR 5.3, Vista, and MM 3.2.1.1297.

I'll have to read up again on how to get rid of the Active-X and may try that later.

Thanks for your help.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

I see both of the Artist/Album comments without problems (other than formatting).

I have however noticed that a property edit is not immediately refreshed in Monkey Rok.

Edit:
1)On reflection this is a good thing. The performance hit to automatically keep up with property edits could be nasty.
2)MR 5.3 included "- Added context menu item to refresh the panel"
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

gpzbc wrote:
trixmoto wrote:
DreadM wrote:1:If you hide date added info, Ratings also hide.
(1) I've fixed
I hate to say it, but this is not fixed for me either. When I hide "Date Added," "Ratings" also hide.
I'm guessing he was referring to the fact that he's fixed it in his files, and thus the fix will be available with the next version release.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

:oops: duh.
I've been a bit preoccupied lately, and it was possible I had missed a MR release.
Sorry
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@gpzbc - I meant I've fixed it in version 5.4 which I haven't released yet.

@rrfpacker - odd, it's definitely working for me. It may only refresh once you've changed artist though (if you've added it whilst the script is running), but I'd have thought you'd have tried reloading the panel anyway.

@Owyn - I've fixed in the formatting of the artist comments (in 5.4) but the album comments were fine for me - are you having trouble with both? It does try to only refresh panels which need refreshing - ones which are based on artist will not change when the track does if both tracks are by the same artist.

@Mizery_Made - bingo! :)
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Re-tested album comment. Yep. It is ok. I think I was looking at an album that did not have new lines in the comment. :oops:

Also got a surprise. The test I just did with an Album->Properties->Comment edit was shown almost immediately in the Album Comments tab without an explicit refresh. Who knew. :-?
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well at the moment it depends what other external panels you have. If there are any track based external panels then unfortunately they all refresh each change of track at the moment, instead of just the track based ones and them only updating each change of artist. This is something I hope to rectify in the next version, to improve performance.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I currently only have partial translations for Italian, Swedish and Spanish - does anyone want to complete these for me? If so, please PM me.