iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

CarlitoGil

Re: iTunesMonkey 0.12b + Acoustid

Post by CarlitoGil »

benwa73 wrote:it looks like it happens on every song, when I select "auto-tag from web"
I can't reproduce the problem on my machine.
Do you have the latest version (0.12)?

It seems the script is not creating a folder or file in the temporary folder.
My best guess is an antivirus is preventing MM from doing so.
Do you have an antivirus in you machine?
What Windows do you use?
iTunesMonkey + Acoustid – Find metadata from iTunes and Acoustid
benwa73

Post by benwa73 »

I'm on windows 7, media monkey 4.0.7 I do use antivirus software... The itunes search feature and album search seem to work fine. just the acoustid and itunes monkey search throw the error. The itunes match search works, but nothing is returned... ever.

I'm unsure the virus software would prevent temporary files from being created... which directory do you use for that?
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

"iTunes Match" mode will only find results for files downloaded from iTunes, with .m4a extension.
The temporary files should be
%temp%\iTunesMonkey\acoustid#.txt
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Finally got around to trying this - just wanted to say thank you. This works brilliantly!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dsmall2112

Re: iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid

Post by dsmall2112 »

this is a great script CarlitoGil! (I'm using version 0.12b.) -- wanted to say THANKS for this awesome enhancement...I use it heavily.

I have found this discussion useful...

Artwork updating....to tag Album Art I now double-click the artwork. Initially, after finding an album I was just clicking "Auto-Tag" but apparently that wasn't attaching the Artwork (I then read this post and began clicking the round globe at top left...but that was a bit cumbersome...then I tried double-clicking Album Artwork in the Search window which worked fabulously). Note I did/do have the option settings to tag files.

Using the tool...I have 9000+ songs and have been going through and updating Tag info (once tagged with metadata, CTRL-R to reorganize/rename). I have generally landed on using "ITunes Album" in the search...otherwise my albums will become "fragmented" as iTunes might match a song (from a single album) to a different album (such as a recent "greatest hits" or other compilation). The "iTunes Album" setting helps preserve the album structure in my DB. For some of my tougher albums (very old or otherwise not found in iTunes DB -- typically the Album Name was variant) I use the Acoustid Fingerprint which does a nice job finding/correcting album names...after Acoustid corrects the Album Name I then go back to iTunes Album (as Acoustid doesn't provide Artwork) and most of the time it is then found. If still no luck, then I'll use the US Amazon.

I too would welcome a solution that could automate the Album/ID Tag update process. I know there are "difficult" files that require a human to figure out, but a script design that could search and ONLY TAG the "high confidence" songs (100% on Album collection, # songs, name match songs, etc.) would be a great start. I've never created a Script, so I guess I should learn how!

I have experienced "hangs" during the Auto-Tag search process (have to shut down application and restart) using iTunes Album or iTunes Search. I have deselected all but "United States" in case that makes it more streamlined.

I look forward to any future releases!!
cheeztale

Post by cheeztale »

cheeztale wrote:i don't know what's happening, and i can't seem to get this script to work

everytime i try to search using itunesmonkey or any of the script's new search databases, i get these 3 errors

please help :(
srry fixing links
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

cheeztale, what version of Internet Explorer do you have installed?
Also, which Windows?
cheeztale

Post by cheeztale »

CarlitoGil wrote:cheeztale, what version of Internet Explorer do you have installed?
I believe I have IE 10, thought I mostly use Chrome
Also, which Windows?
I run Window 7 Ultimate SP1
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

What version of MM?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
cheeztale

Post by cheeztale »

nohitter151 wrote:What version of MM?

I downloaded MM last week so I don't think this is the problem >_<
zuilserip

Post by zuilserip »

CarlitoGil wrote:"iTunes Match" mode will only find results for files downloaded from iTunes, with .m4a extension.
The temporary files should be
%temp%\iTunesMonkey\acoustid#.txt
Thank you very much for the excellent script!

Is there anyway to use your script to tag non-iTunes songs?! Most of my songs are regular mp3s that I either ripped myself, or purchased from other sources (e.g. Amazon, Google, etc.)

Thanks!
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

zuilserip wrote: Thank you very much for the excellent script!
You're very welcome!
zuilserip wrote: Is there anyway to use your script to tag non-iTunes songs?! Most of my songs are regular mp3s...
Yes. This script adds 5 search options, "iTunes Match" is the only one exclusive for .m4a files from iTunes.
The other 4 modes will help you.
I added some detail about each mode in the first comment of this thread.
Cheeztale

Post by Cheeztale »

I've tried uninstalling and installing MM to no prevail.

Also I found 3 new errors, dunno if it'll help

MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Thank you very much for this very usefull script, CarlitoGil!

I have some suggestions:
a) You should declare on the first overview page, it is not necessary to have iTunes installed on the PC, it is not necessary to have an iTunes Account to search for tracks. Otherwise iTunes ignoramuses like me will overlook your great script. :wink:

b) Could you please add the calculated AcoustID fingerprints to the MediaMonkey database? This would be a fantastic new possibility to find duplicate tracks - only comparing audio data, no metadata, no naming mismatch, just the plain audiodata.
Maybe you could use one of the existing custom fields (user selectable)?
(I'm not sure, but I think MM don't let you create a new additional custom field like "AcoustID" field in the database? I mean one, that we can search for - like the other 5 custom fields.)
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
CarlitoGil

Post by CarlitoGil »

MMuser2011 wrote:Thank you very much for this very usefull script, CarlitoGil!]
Very welcome, man! (or lady.)

MMuser2011 wrote:You should declare [...], it is not necessary to have iTunes installed on the PC, it is not necessary to have an iTunes Account to search for tracks.
I hadn't consider that. I clarify it right after this post. Thanks.

MMuser2011 wrote: Could you please add the calculated AcoustID fingerprints to the MediaMonkey database? This would be a fantastic new possibility to find duplicate tracks - only comparing audio data, no metadata, no naming mismatch, just the plain audiodata.
Maybe you could use one of the existing custom fields (user selectable)?
This, my friend, is another great, great way to use Acoustid.

First, let me clarify that "Audio Fingerprint" and "Acoustid ID" are not the same.
A fingerprint is generated in your computer from the audio file then it's sent to acoustid.org, where they store that fingerprint and others very close to it and assign to then all the same Acoustid ID to unify their metadata. What you want to compare are the Acoustid IDs. Calling them fingerprint is fine, but to avoid confusion I'm going to call them by those terms.

So, iTunesMonkey already is able to store the Audio Fingerprints in the database under a table called by default AcoustidFingerprints. That information is not shown in the Properties window. It's just a way to cache the Audio Fingerprints which can take a second or two to generate each time. That won't help you too much to identify duplicates.

I actually had one or two lines of code in my script to add the Acoustid ID to a custom field for debugging proposes. It worked great to compare duplicates.
But adding, as a feature, the Acoustid ID to custom fields seems to me to be outside of the purpose of the script. It just wouldn't be clean. And to compare the custom field you would need another script anyway. So, this is my suggestion:

Get AcoustId Generator, which will do exactly what you're asking for. It let's you choose the field you want to fill with the Acoustid ID.

Combine that with Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix to compare the fields, and you'll find duplicates that you may have never found otherwise.
Last edited by CarlitoGil on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.