Trying to recover tracks from .996 corruption.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Bill

Trying to recover tracks from .996 corruption.

Post by Bill »

I have many tracks in the flac format that were damaged when I was using .996. I frequently back up my music library incrementally using Acronis. I have tracks that I backed up before they were damaged. I suspect that several of my tracks became damaged when I edited them to give them a rating while listening to them.

Acronis will let me restore folders/files from any of the incremental backups I created. So, if the test reported: "[427/8049] FAIL E:MediaMonkey\Various\Doo Wop - Volume 1\01 The Cuff Links - Guided Missiles.flac" which file or files should I replace? Would it be better to restore the track to a temp location, delete the damaged track from the library and then add the track in the temp location to my library? Will my tags be preserved (track name, album name, etc)? Unless tag information is embedded in the flac file, it seems to me that all I would need to do is replace the flac file.

My lack of knowledge about how the MM library (database?) is organized should be obvious. Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, warnings, etc.

Bill
Desktop/Win7/Router: WRT 1900 ACS. LINKSYS Media Player: Sony Blu-ray DVD BDP-S5100 /MM4/AV Sound System
Hooah

Post by Hooah »

If it is backed up. Just replace everything that you have backed up and add the newer stuff to your backed up information...
wokou
Bill

Post by Bill »

I really want to follow what you suggested as a very last resort. There would be a lot of new stuff to add again and a lot of it is vinyl that I had to manually enter the album information for. Luckily, I added this music to my library using .998 and it is OK. So, I would like to replace the failed tracks one at a time with an earlier version that was incrementally backed up and also be able to preserve the track description information.

Thanks for your suggestion,
Bill
Desktop/Win7/Router: WRT 1900 ACS. LINKSYS Media Player: Sony Blu-ray DVD BDP-S5100 /MM4/AV Sound System