Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think there's a more automatic way of creating the playlist. I don't think you can trigger a script automatically when you do a sync.

Thank you, I'm glad you find my scripts useful! :D
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Pehden

What is

Post by Pehden »

The Direct link to the program? I am trying to figure out where it is and I cant seem to find a Link to it.. :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you click the image in my signature it will take you to my website, the installer's for all my scripts are on there. I have far too many scripts (and I'm far too lazy) to keep updating links on the forum as well as the links on my website! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto, I have another issue hopefully you can help with. I received the following error trail, including the little bit of log file.

Can you help?

Scott
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is a typo. If you open the script file in a text editor and find line 86...

Code: Select all

prog.Text = "Batch M3U Creator: Processing album '"&iter.ValueByName("Name")&"' - "&prog.Value&"/"&prog.MaxValue&"..."
Replace it with...

prog.Text = "Batch M3U Creator: Processing album '"&iter.ValueByName("Album")&"' - "&prog.Value&"/"&prog.MaxValue&"..."

Post by Guest »

Worked like a charm. Thanks very much...

Scott
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.8.) is now available from my website. This includes the above mentioned fix.
Last edited by trixmoto on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Maybe the thread title should reflect the version number change? :)
Stop Button Freak
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, the thread title was correct, my post was not. :oops:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Moved into correct thread as requested...
greigmg wrote:I've never used media monkey or scripts before - is there a basic help file to get me started with this one?

One issue - when I load folders of .flac files in MM, double digit track numbers aren't going last, but after "1" - like track1.flac, track10.flac, track11.flac, track2.flac. Anyway to create the .m3u file to recognize teens? Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've not seen this before. I'm using the album object provided by MM so I would have though they'd be sorting the tracks correctly. I'll have to take a closer look.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added FileMask parameter to control playlist filenames (replacing ShowYear)
- Fixed invalid characters are now removed from playlist filenames
- Added check for long playlist filenames
- Fixed file i/o errors are now caught and reported
be4con

Great Script!

Post by be4con »

I was about to do all this manually. You have saved me days of work. Thanks for such an amazing script!

I have a simple n00b question though: When and where do I specify the playlist folder? When I selected the script it ran straight away and didn't give me the option to choose, so all the playlists have been created in their album folders. I wanted to have them all in a seperate folder.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you open the "BatchM3UCreator.vbs" file in a text editor you'll find this setting on line 33...

Dim Directory : Directory = "" 'leave blank to put playlists in album folders
There are some others around it as well which you might like to play with. :)
be4con

Post by be4con »

Wonderful, Thanks :)