Info about Glided - Discussion

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't mind, I'll say what i think wheather or not you like it? :P 8) :lol:

no need to push for the icons. peter already said he was trying to include a way to get them in custom skins. so that the skinners can make their own icons.

as of now in mm 2 you can add your own set of icons in the programs folders i forget which one.? oh make a folder in side the monkey's main program folder called icons. and place your special icons in there.

in mm 3 you don't do that i found the icons need to be placed in the same folder the device icons are already located in.
then monkey will find your custom icons.

of course until Petr (Russian spelling for peter) gets the skin's to accept the custom icons like the no album art image then there is no way for the skinners to add their own icons for each skin.

morten should if he wants to make the icons for his skin and offer them as an extra download or include them as a extra zip file in his setup for the skin. with instructions for you to place them in the proper folder. unless he wants to do more work and set them in there for you.

8)

i personally am disappointed in this skin and his wmp skin. i expected more things from morten like maybe one of
Sancho Panza and Don Quixote with steed, Rocinante, charging a windmill :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I hope the last paragraph only was a bad joke.
Best regards,
Morten

Post by Guest »

Bad Or Good Its Funny!!!
But Thinking About It That Might Make A Good Skin.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Hi again.

Now it's time for a miniplayer-skin and I'm not quite sure which shape/type I should go for. I could go for this if nothing else is suggested;

Version #1: Traditional

Version #2: New thinking

I'm quite pleased with the last design, but I need your attention! Both of these are without trailings.
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the bottom image would give you more room for buttons
in the middle.
but if they are there already sorry. i am using this old dell
with that cheap a... video card. just no money now to buy
a new one yet.

but go with the bottom one there seems to be something about
that skin that makes it look a little longer and thinner? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I Like the second one, it has some personal touch like we used in MM. And images/buttons clearly show what they do.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Morten

Post by Morten »

Peke wrote:I Like the second one, it has some personal touch like we used in MM. And images/buttons clearly show what they do.
Great comment. Thanks. What e-mail adress do you use Peke?
Best regards,
Morten
gege

Post by gege »

Morten wrote:Now it's time for a miniplayer-skin and I'm not quite sure which shape/type I should go for. I could go for this if nothing else is suggested;

Version #1: Traditional
Version #2: New thinking

I'm quite pleased with the last design, but I need your attention! Both of these are without trailings.
Both are fine for me.
My only concern is does the skinning engine support antialiasing?
Because that curved shape will look really ugly if it doesn't...
Morten

Post by Morten »

This miniplayer skin will be included in Beta 1 which is due this Friday. Stay tuned :)
Best regards,
Morten
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I like the second one but IMHO the track informations (title, artist, album) should be centered.

Waiting for the new version! :)

By the way, is there no hope that you add a stop button?
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Morten

Post by Morten »

Big_Berny wrote:I like the second one but IMHO the track informations (title, artist, album) should be centered.

Waiting for the new version! :)

By the way, is there no hope that you add a stop button?
IMO it's better (designwise) to only have a rigth-click option of Stop. However, if I find a subtle way to implement, I'll do.
Best regards,
Morten
Peke

Post by Peke »

Just an idea, why don't you split play button and add small Stop inside it (shadowed?)?
It will look very artistic and will not change overall look.
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

is that double button stuff stable in alpha 8 peke? :-?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Not double button, but only visual tweak in Theme editor to Get/Catch Right pos and Space thrum transparency ;)
Best regards,
Peke
Morten

Post by Morten »

Preview of the MicroPlayer skin;

Alternative #1 (without Seekbar):

Alternative #2 (with Seekbar):

Questions
Which version do you prefer designwise?
Do you need the seekbar in the MicroPlayer (Tray-player)
Best regards,
Morten