My First Player Skin

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

MoDementia wrote:
junglemonkey wrote:you see what i ment about the light yellow on the menu buttons?

the words are black and unreadable on the brown.
No i didn't/don't, what menu buttons?
I have no trouble reading any of the text

you mean to tell me you can read the words to the left of the search text area? on that big brown image above?

that's the menu bar who's fonts are controld by the desktop of the users computer. if you change them on your computer it will only be on your computer that is changed.
which is why i suggested to use the light yellow in the background it will be best to use for black fonts which is what 90% of the people use on their computers.

but your skin is good. it is not perfect but neither are mine :lol: i just like to read the fonts.

if you can read them just wait until you get my age or older. :P :P

:wink:
Blake

Post by Blake »

Sorry for posting in an old thread but Great Skin, its a bit too late for me to use it now that I have completely phased out MM2.x, actually, I could use the theme and the MiniLyrics skins, excellent!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

blake you can use it if they create it in mm3.

really it is not that hard to do.

take all the main player images in the skin.

all the background images.

and the theme.mskn file

and use only those in the new skin. don't over write the theme file with one from mm3 or you will lose some old mm2 features like the use of images in the background.

since the theme is almost complete just add in the images of sel.png and infopopup.bmp. and add in the old list view background images to the theme.mskn file

then save it and get out you finished the theme file.

now copy the player the float player and the micro player files
from one of your other mm3 skins and put them in the folder for the old skin.

change the images on the mini skin image.
all you need on it are the ones for the main player. not the pos bar it wont work.
and not the balance image, or the volume image they wont work in mm 3 atleast i could not figure them out.

you need the ccbuttons the shuffel buttons the main image that becomes the background image for the player.

then you need the rating the mute button and the visual images. the seek image from mm3

i did not use any other image on the player skin image.
i just colored all the rest i did not use the pink background color

make the main player and the buttons lager if you want to but to keep the same feel you need to make them all using the same ratio of increase in size.

then just load the skin bmp back in to the player mskn and the background in to the player mskn.

re adjust the images on all the buttons and stuff.
re size the background image and client to fit the old player image size.
save the mskn file close out.
now copy the player mskn file. and paste it in the folder for the float player, rename it to floatplayer.mskn

now get all the files needed for the mm 3 skin and copy them in to a test folder.
open the player ini file change the size of the player to
the size of the background image you made. then change
the resizable option to read all zero's so it is a fixed size
just like the old skin.

now start the monkey up change the skin to the test folder.
use the player ini file in the way of you look to see where
the buttons are at on the player then change the size and postions of the buttons in the ini file to where you think.
they should be.

then switch to the float player and then restore to the main player. you will see the buttons have been moved.
do that with all the stuff to get it in the proper postions.

then just copy the info from the player ini and paste it in the floatplayer ini file. both will be working and both will be the same.

thats all you have to do for the old mm 2.5.5 skins to look like that and work in mm 3.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Got as far as combining MM-White_O players with the theme (looks pretty damn fine)

Modifying the player(s) looks way to complicated yet :(
MacMaster

Post by MacMaster »

MoDementia wrote:Got as far as combining MM-White_O players with the theme (looks pretty damn fine)

Modifying the player(s) looks way to complicated yet :(
if you wish i can make some changes on the players for you - tell mi wich you need and i will think about it....

- nice work - welcome -
MM-W7 v1.1 -- last update 21.11.2010 --
MM-Ultimate v2.1 -- last update 25.02.2008 --
MM-PSP v1.1 -- last update 26.02.2008 --
MM-White_O v1.0 -- release 11.03.2008 --
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Fixed the player (Main and Mini) for MM3 and the minilyrics skin for the latest version. I have included MM_White_O micro player (hope thats ok) It sort of goes well with the theme :)

The minilyrics can be difficult to resize (move the player over to the side and get the lyrics panel right then move the player back.

You can cover up the album art for a normal sized player
MoDementia

Re: My First Player Skin

Post by MoDementia »