Windows Media Player 11-skin [MM3] v1.3 released

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Skinning engine in 3rd alpha will have support for centered controls.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Okay. Let me just say that it's not supposed that the buttons should move when you resize. It should look about the same and the Play-button for example is supposed to be in the middle and not be moved left as it does now.

The bug you noticed with AlbumArt has been fixed. The idea is that when you drag it pass a certain point, the album information (text) will pop-up to the right of the album art.

Fixed skin is in first post.

Edit; Thank you very much. Will it be possible to overlay control buttons and still see what's beneath them? Great news anyway. When is it due to be released? Can't wait. :lol:
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

the link in the first post in the thread does not download it takes you to a site to login to some forum? :o :-?
Morten

Post by Morten »

Do you have to login?

Edit: If it's so, I will upload it to another server.
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

that link under the images in the frist thread asked me to log in to a user account when i tried to get the download.

do i need to be logged in to media monkeys forum?

i'll try again as junglemonkey then log in if that dont work and see if being logged in here works?
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

right clicking and telling to open in new tab makes it ask for a login.

trying to use download manager makes it ask for login.

using ie 7's built in download thing works it will save with that one.

so logging in to this forum or not does not matter just how you try and download it? 8)
Morten

Post by Morten »

Alternate server;
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RJ5FBKAU

Also, if anyone has problems with downloading from "Diskusjon.no", please tell me. I don't need to log in to the server to download the file. But again, I'm from Norway so maybe they've got an IP-block?
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

ok so that is where you put the media monkey logo.
on the micro player i don't see anything wrong with it there
only maybe you can make it the hot button for restoring the micro
player to the full screen.
8)

al though unless they get the micro player to like being in a zipped file
then it won't bother me cause it won't show up unless i unzip the msz files and i am not doing that for all the skins because doing that removes the no album art image in the skin's files.

8)
Morten

Post by Morten »

After the information I've got from Petr, I will continue working on this when Alpha 3 comes out. It will have the possibility to center images and relative placement of an object.

Look forward to see some evolvement in this skin!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Morten930 did you ever get that email i sent you? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I got it. You have to get the images and the sizes right for the WMP11 skin though. I can help you if you email me your suggestions. However, I would recommend that you wait for my player-skin which will have some more functions (shuffle, continous) and such.

BTW. When alpha 3 is released there are some functions which has been implemented in MediaMonkey skinning module. One of them does that we can make the buttons centered in this WMP skin. Not long before we got one skin which easily can be taken to be the real deal. And what's more, when these functions have been implemented, you could use them in your own skins! :)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I don't know if someone has said this before (probably yes), but you're doing a great job Morten. And of course anyone skinning the Monkey3.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thanks Steegy. :)

I know if we want some more skins for MediaMonkey, we have to start with the basic skins so that they are covered well (WMP11 and iTunes), then we can start modify those little skins and make even better skins which actually are more usable. I don't think I will enhance my iTunes skin more than the original, but I have some ideas regarding the WMP skin which surely will make it more functional, yet with the nice design of WMP11.

I'm looking forward to see others work. I mean, the player-skinning module is very easy when you get to know it. I skinned the WMP skin in two hours and I will easily help someone if they bump into problems.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i was not trying to change yours wmp 11 skin i was just messing around
and seeing if i could stick in the monkeys buttons and stuff. then i just sent you what i did so you could see how i monkeyfied the skin.

i am not keeping it i have it in the test skin i use. so when i change one or make another i'll just post over what i did to yours. i'll get you completed skin later.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Ok. Here's a teaser before they release Alpha 3 to the public.

Screenshot #3; MainBody (Not featured yet. Will come with the Alpha 3 release)

This skin mainly has one problem. The action bar and the spacing between the window and the player is ruining the design. I've taken the time to photoshop (an actual printscreen from this skin) and show how it would look when you move the actionbar and remove the spacing.

What do you think?

Regards,
Morten