Collection Albums

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

rhawke

Collection Albums

Post by rhawke »

Hi!

I have the problem that Collections (Albums that have different artists) aren't playable as a complete album, since the Media-Library adds the artist name with brackets to the album name.

Plus it would be nice to automatically split artists when they are separated by an special character (eg. ";") So in addition to displaying "Marvin Gaye; Diana Ross" the song will be listed under "Marvin Gaye" and "Diana Ross" as well.

Regards

Robert
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Normally people use the album artist field and use various artists. This will give one entry into album node.

Your splitting of artist I like. The naming convention maybe not, but that isn't important.

A previous request on the forums has been to display album artist in the artist node this would clean up the menu. Only when no album artist exists or it is set to Various Artists it would display the artist field.

PS. the album artist field is normally used to display the artist of the album. This results in a cleaner album node. So if an artist has an album and on that album has a song with another artist the artist field would contain both and the album artist only the artist of the album.
MM automatically copies artist info in to album artist when an album is filled in. You can change that.
Felix Atagong

Post by Felix Atagong »

The 'multiple artist' or 'artist with a lot of synonyms' problem isn't easy. But you could perhaps use one of the free fields to put in that extra information. For another discusiion on about the same matter see:
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=15

Reg
Felix Atagong
http://atagong.com
madmunki

Re: Collection Albums

Post by madmunki »

I tag each mp3 for what it is, even if a album has different artist, my mp3 player and mm can play all mp3s with a certain title. The only issue I have, is if you have two artist with same name of album, then my mp3 player thinks its the same album. A work around to this, is I'll change the name slightly so the albums are slightly different.