32k bps tracks play too fast when burned to CD

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

verticalscience

32k bps tracks play too fast when burned to CD

Post by verticalscience »

I have numerous audio books saved as 32kbps MP3 files. Originally the files were 128K bps or greater but I converted them with Media Monkey to 32K bps to save space when replicating the files to my pocket pc.

When I try to burn these to CD using Media Monkey the process appears to complete successfully but the files play very fast on an audio CD player. The same files will play normally if I burn them using Nero.

I've tried 128k bps files and 160K bps files and they burn okay with Media Monkey.

This seems like a bug.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The burning process is still done with Nero when using MM. So this bug might not be from MM.
Anyway the programmers are hoping to include burning natively into MM.
rusty

Fast listening of audiobooks with MM

Post by rusty »

It's a feature, you've heard of speedreading.... :-)

But seriously, we're looking into this...

-Rusty
rusty

speeding up of burned tracks

Post by rusty »

It seems that the problem is not related to the 32bps, but to the sample rate ('frequency' in the properties info tab). Whenever it's < 44100, burning a track can speed up.

Jiri's working on a fix.

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

Any news on this?
jiri

Post by jiri »

It's already fixed in RC-1 that you can download from the beta forum. There are tracks with samplerate<>44100 correctly resampled to this samplerate for audio CDs.

Jiri