Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Note

Post by Note »

harpagornis

Delete the space before the word filter. It should work.

Post by Guest »

thx for the help! problem solved
MCSmarties

Using Magic nodes to filter songs by # of tracks

Post by MCSmarties »

Hi,

I would like to use magic nodes to help me conditionally organize my files.

I posted in a separate thread but since it concerns the use of magic nodes masks
I thought I would link it into this thread as well.

Thanks!
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

bump... sorry
Bex

Post by Bex »

This should do it:

Code: Select all

Artist with less than 5 tracks|SQL Filter: IDArtist in (SELECT IDArtist FROM Songs GROUP BY IDArtist HAVING IDArtist>0 AND Count(*)<5)\<Artist>
Extremely slow on big collections though...I didn't have time to let it ran to the end but it should work as expected.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Thanks a lot, Bex. I will try this out tonight.

So, can I also expand on that code to get the following nodes as well (just guessing here!):

Albums with more than 5 tracks|SQL Filter: IDAlbum in (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING IDAlbum>0 AND Count(*)>4)\<Album>

Albums with less than 5 tracks from artists with more than 5 tracks|SQL Filter:IDAlbum in (SELECT IDArtist FROM Songs GROUP BY IDArtist HAVING IDArtist>0 AND Count(*)>4 AND GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING IDAlbum>0 AND Count(*)<5)\<Album>
I bet I just coded nonsense! :roll:

Again, the important part is to get all the tracks fitting the filter on one level in the node, so I can then select them all at once and apply the corresponding Autoorganize criterion.

Thanks for your help!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah, the first one is correct! :D
But the second one should be like this:

Albums with less than 5 tracks from artists with more than 5 tracks|SQL Filter: IDAlbum in (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING IDAlbum>0 AND Count(*)<5) and Songs.IDArtist in (SELECT IDArtist FROM Songs GROUP BY IDArtist HAVING IDArtist>0 AND Count(*)>5)\<Album>
To get all the tracks into the main window simply click on the main node itself.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Thanks Bex!! Haven't had the time to really test it
but a quick glance seemed to show that it works...
narticus

Post by narticus »

Couldn't find if this was asked already, but:

Is it possible for a magic node to, not only, sort artists by the first letter/number in their name, but to ignore "The"s at the same time? I have a magic node right now that sorts them by the first letter (<album artist|trim:1>\<album artist>\<album>).

Is there some kind of filter I can add to that that will skip over "The"s when sorting? (ie: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Bex

Post by Bex »

All My Scripts
narticus

Post by narticus »

Ah, thank you so much. Just saved me quite some time. It would've taken me a while to get to pg 25!
danio

Post by danio »

Ok, I'm stuck...

I wanted to construct a node which gives me a list of Albums added based on a timeline, from most recent to oldest, grouped by year, then month then day.

I've got this so far, which gives me the list of Albums added by day, but cannot easily see how to further tighten that grouping to be by year, then month?

Time since Album added|icon:top level|show tracks:no|<group by:max(days since added)>\<Date Added|sort order:desc>\<Album Artist>\<Album>
Can anyone suggest how I could achieve that please?
votrexflame

Order?

Post by votrexflame »

I hope I didn't overlook the post about it, but can anyone tell me if it's possible to "move" a note up or down within a Magic Node tree? If it's possible, can you describe how?
Thanks a lot for such a great script!
Note

Post by Note »

votrexflame

The order (under the MN node) is determined by the Mask# in the ini file.

To change the order - Open Mediamonkey.ini from ..\My Music\MediaMonkey

Find the heading [CustomNodeMasks]

Change the Mask numbers to sort the nodes the way you want them displayed, eg Mask7= would become Mask6= and the previous 6 is changed to 7.

I've noticed that, as magic nodes are added and deleted, the ini entries get a little messy. The only way to tidy them (that I know of) is manually, as described above. Would be handy if the script could auto re-sort the entries. Beyond my compass, though.

Hope that helps.
tirefire

Post by tirefire »

I'm sure this is an easy node to make, but I've been trying to come up with something for the past day or so, and it's still over my head.

I have a custom field 'Mix' which I flag with a 'Y' for tracks that are part of a mixtape. I want a node that displays only those flagged tracks, and has them grouped by genre like:

-Mixtapes
--Afro-Jazz
--Blues
--Booty Bass
and so on

This is the stub I've been working on. What have I done wrong so far, and/or what do I need to do from here?

Mixtapes|filter:mix=Y|icon:top level\<genre>