Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Problem?

Post by Guest »

I get this error

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you open the script in a text editor and replace line 28...

Code: Select all

Dim Debug : Debug = False
... with ...

Code: Select all

Dim Debug : Debug = True
Now run the script again and email me the file "BatchM3UCreator.vbs.log" file which is created. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

That helps and I figured it out. I noticed the log stopped at an album that's at home but not here at work.

My MM library was done on a library at home... now that I'm currently at work, the music here doesnt' match what's in the MM library and the script doesn't know what to do when the folder doesn't exist for a library item.

I cleaned out the library, rescanned my work drives, and re-ran the script with no issues.

Could there be a way to skip scanning for library items if the music folder doesn't exist, and not produce an error msg?

Scott

Post by Guest »

I really like your script, BTW. Saved me tons of time on my 70GB music library.

Scott
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'll put that on my to do list! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) now checks that the album folder exists before trying to creating the playlist. The installer can be downloaded from my website.

Post by Guest »

How do I change the folder where the playlists are saved?
Great script btw :P
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The playlists are all created in the folder with the album. Where did you want them to be created?

Post by Guest »

I would love to keep all my playlists in a seperate folder in the My documents folder.

Thanks 8)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll add this option to the next version.

Post by Guest »

Thanks very much for the new version!

Scott
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.6) allows you to specify a directory for the playlists to be created in. Leave this blank and the playlists will be created in the album folders (as before).
sperk

Post by sperk »

trixmoto wrote:New version (1.6) allows you to specify a directory for the playlists to be created in. Leave this blank and the playlists will be created in the album folders (as before).
I seem to be missing something here. I highlight a song and it asks do I want to restrict to this album but it doesn't ask about a directory to store it in.
thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You have the edit the variable in the scriptfile by opening it in a text editor. This feature is only really for people who want to have a global playlist directory. Otherwise the playlist is always stored in the album folder.
SlasherMCT

Post by SlasherMCT »

Anonymous wrote:Would it be possible to make a modified version of this script where you can define your own path to where the playlists are saved, and where the location of the music files are.

My portable mp3player uses a M3U playlists and I'm having trouble making them. It would be great if I could use this scripts to create M3U playlists.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Yeah that would be good for me too - the Roku Soundbridge s/w can't handle the number of albums I have so I need to go via playlists.

Duh! Didn't realise you had already done it.
Another great script that does just what I want. Thanks ScriptDeity!