Major Power Problem caused by Power company

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:Your explanation is entertaining as usual.
Shouldnt there be a time limit on editing posts, like 30 min.? We have no idea what the cowboy removed from his posts :(
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thats because once i found out the power companys automated sub stations caused it when they came on for more power or went off from excess power, and caused a spike or drop which caused the apc unit software to trigger something that caused it to shut down the program using the most power which was monkey.
i decided to remove the message saying that monkey was cutting off for no reason and must have an error.

i sent lowlander a pm telling him this and to remove this message.

he came back with a smartallic sounding reply? but maybe one of the other mods will remove it before anyone else gets to wondering like you did.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I thought you said that MediaMonkey closed down suddenly, but you made it sound like the computer remained on. Either...

1) The whole computer was switching off, in which case power supply was the obvious answer

or

2) Only MediaMonkey was disappearing, in which case this could not be to do with power, absolutely no way.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No need to remove the post. Even though it doesn't describe a problem with MediaMonkey it describes a problem that happened. It could be of value to other users.
Changing the title might be useful as it's a rather dramatic title.

PS. I'm against deleting things from a forum becuase it's felt to be of no value. All content has it's value.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:2) Only MediaMonkey was disappearing, in which case this could not be to do with power, absolutely no way.
I think he has APC Powerchute software set to terminate certain programs when the UPS goes to battery. He also should have it log the event so it is clear what is happening. 8) . That computer was rode hard indeed.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I stand corrected. But still, if you've got software switching off other software, why blame MediaMonkey?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

I blame the spiders
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Spiders??

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:Spiders??
See this thread
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

software set to turn off software?
yes it is the apc software but it is old version and they don't update it anymore it only allows me to to set the high low voltage.

i moved it up to 137 instead of the 127 it was at so maybe that will keep
it from cutting monkey out. but the lower number is already as low as it will go. so if it is cutting because of a power drop then i can't change that?

why did i say it was a bug? because i did not set the software up to close
different software that is what they did i have no control over it. and i did not know they did that. i was under the impression it would just go to back up and keep the program running until the battery shut off the whole computer it did not do that it just shut down monkey. and left the computer running like i had walked away and left it showing the desktop.

lowlander i had had thought to stop all this thread and make a more direct post in the news and stuff forum which is why i said get rid of this bug report since it is not a bug.

as for the guest and the spiders thats a good thought? only that spider would have had to been on that computer for some time with out any way of contacting home since it is a stand alone computer.

you people seem to need more explained to you then you should have?
most that stuff should have been known. you complain about my long messages then you keep asking for all the details of how i pressed what key and which way i looked at the wall or how i ate the bowl of soup while i was working on the computer error,

:o :o

so which is it shorter messages or full explaination of what happened. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I moved the topic for you RovingCowboy.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep i seen you did move in here to off topic after i made that last post.
and changed the title. :-? ??

you moved it again okay so it musical posts? 8) :lol: :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I moved it to Off Topic - I didn't know you'd asked Lowlander to move it, I just thought it needed moving. I'm not sure this is really "News" though! :-?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the musical mods and musicl posts of all posts?

wow!!
8)

no need to be sorry trixmoto. just surpised me to see it was moved twice

i did not ask lowlader to move it he did that when he read the post where i said i was going to move it, he did not see it was already moved either.

but in this form of thread it is not news it looks more like a busted report thread. i was going to redo a new thread here and clear it all up but instead
i just redid the first message in this thread to clear it up.

8)