AdvancedReportModify

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Rene3672

Post by Rene3672 »

I updated to 2.5.4 and it works now great!!!
Many thanks for your quick response!
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

@ Kanski

Thanks for reply, I missed miko's post.
kanski

Post by kanski »

paulmt wrote:@ Kanski

Thanks for reply, I missed miko's post.
no problem
MCSmarties

Got a whole lot of new ideas...

Post by MCSmarties »

Hi Kanski,

I've been playing around with your script for quite a while lately, which gave me a ton of ideas of things that would make it even better.

I hope I don't come across as never being satisfied! Just consider it feedback and suggestions on possible expansions... Here it comes:

- harmonize all the field names (the "Album" field is called <Name> for the album mask but "Album" for the Tracks mask)

- extract custom names for <Custom X> fields (like for example MagicNodes does)

- a search function would be really, really cool.
I got the idea from looking at a report script called "AquaII" for the movie cataloguing software Movie Collector.
You can download the script in the templates section, search for "AquaII (searchable) by DaveC"

- be able to use ALL fields for masks in both album and track view:
<custom> fields also for album view (currently not possible)
<original year> for track view would be great!

- ideally all fields (genre, year, custom...) could be clickable to find more of the same (open a page with all songs with the same property)

- a text-only (no album art), SORTABLE list of all tracks.
In other words, something similar to the output from the MM "Track List (HTML)" report, but where the user can specify which columns to use (with a mask)
and can click on the top of each column to SORT by this column (like excel spreadsheets).
Also, all entries should have HTML links to the corresponding pages (album, artist... etc.)

- in fact, for me the "album art view" is not very useful. I have about 1'500 albums, it doesn't make sense for me to try to find the cover in all these pages.
Maybe replace the "album art view" with the "list view" above?

- clicking on a song title (in any view) brings up a page that displays the (unsynchronized) song lyrics

Finally, since my suggestions would add a lot of data (you're going to kill me for this!)... reduce the size of database!
I have no idea if this is even possible, but maybe some pages can be generated on the fly while browsing the report?

Again, these are only ideas. I certainly don't expect them to be implemented as quickly as you did all the other things!
What do you think? Am I crazy? :D

PS: Are your script and Trixmoto's script now completely independant or do you guys have any plans to combine them again in the future?
kanski

Post by kanski »

MCSmarties, i'm surprised!
- harmonize all the field names (the "Album" field is called <Name> for the album mask but "Album" for the Tracks mask)
ok
- extract custom names for <Custom X> fields (like for example MagicNodes does)
ok
- a search function would be really, really cool.
I got the idea from looking at a report script called "AquaII" for the movie cataloguing software Movie Collector.
You can download the script in the templates section, search for "AquaII (searchable) by DaveC"
not possible. In my web site I use web search.
- be able to use ALL fields for masks in both album and track view:
<custom> fields also for album view (currently not possible)
<original year> for track view would be great!
ok
- ideally all fields (genre, year, custom...) could be clickable to find more of the same (open a page with all songs with the same property)
may be.
- a text-only (no album art), SORTABLE list of all tracks.

- in fact, for me the "album art view" is not very useful. I have about 1'500 albums, it doesn't make sense for me to try to find the cover in all these pages.
Maybe replace the "album art view" with the "list view" above?
You have 1500albums * 10 tracks = 15'000tracks on one page. Very big page... SORTABLE not possible without on fly pages.
- clicking on a song title (in any view) brings up a page that displays the (unsynchronized) song lyrics
may be.
Finally, since my suggestions would add a lot of data (you're going to kill me for this!)... reduce the size of database!
I have no idea if this is even possible, but maybe some pages can be generated on the fly while browsing the report?
Free hosting not supported SQL, mySQL, php. :cry:
Again, these are only ideas. I certainly don't expect them to be implemented as quickly as you did all the other things!
What do you think? Am I crazy?
Yes! :D
PS: Are your script and Trixmoto's script now completely independant or do you guys have any plans to combine them again in the future?
No
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@MCSmarties - you can easily add a websearch feature by signing up to Google's AdSense. This allows you to add site search to your page, and possible earn some money whilst you're at it! :)

Also, our scripts are definitely independant. My script was originally designed as an local (offline) system for viewing your tracks, kanski has enhanced the script way beyond this.

@Kanski - getting the custom field values is very easy - don't go searching through the huge magic nodes source to find it!

Code: Select all

cus1 = SDB.IniFile.StringValue("CustomFields","Fld1Name")
cus2 = SDB.IniFile.StringValue("CustomFields","Fld2Name")
cus3 = SDB.IniFile.StringValue("CustomFields","Fld3Name")
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Thanks for the answers, guys!

Actually, I am using kanski's script (so far) offline only.
I use it as a tool to double-check my tags (which is why I would like to see as many fields as possible supported)
and of course to show off my collection when somebody asks... :lol:
Don't have a webpage and don't have the time to set one up...

I understand your concerns about a huge track list page for online use. Didn't think of that - again, I'm "offline-only"!

I guess the Google Adsense only works in an online environment?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, Google Adsense is for online only as it needs to connect to Google.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Is there some problems with the downloadpage?
I use about 30 mins to download 305kb :evil:
Regards
SpritHansi
Sgrom

Post by Sgrom »

Howsit Kanski

Great script, ive been thinking of an extra feautre I would appreciate for a while now. I have lots of livesets/mixes that have the track titles stored in the comments, and I know some people use the lyrics field for this same purpose.

Would it be possible, to add a comment or lyrics field to the right of a song, ideally this would be greyed out if no comment or lyrics tag exists, however if one is found then clicking it would either expand something to show you the comments or open a new page showing the comments. Perhaps these could be extra features that could be enable in the options before generating the report.

Do you know what I mean? Is it possible?

Thanks a ton for the great script
kanski

Post by kanski »

Sgrom wrote:Howsit Kanski

Great script, ive been thinking of an extra feautre I would appreciate for a while now. I have lots of livesets/mixes that have the track titles stored in the comments, and I know some people use the lyrics field for this same purpose.

Would it be possible, to add a comment or lyrics field to the right of a song, ideally this would be greyed out if no comment or lyrics tag exists, however if one is found then clicking it would either expand something to show you the comments or open a new page showing the comments. Perhaps these could be extra features that could be enable in the options before generating the report.

Do you know what I mean? Is it possible?

Thanks a ton for the great script
It is possible: on album pages, add track links - you click to link and open window with comments and lyrics, but I feel too lazy to do it
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

I got a couple errors:

I think this has something to do with the bitrate.
I have some files with no bitrate, and I think the script crash when it scans a mp3 file with no bitrate.
Regards
SpritHansi
Groovehustler

Download AdvancedReportModify.exe

Post by Groovehustler »

That script looks really great and want to test it

But the link brings me to a site in russian and gives the impression that it does not excisted anymore .

I don't know if this is true, i cant read the russian tekst

Is there an alternative download location.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If anyone has a copy of the installer, can they email it to me? I'll mirror the file on my website.

EDIT: Actually, you can download it from here: http://www.kanski.narod.ru/main/download.htm
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

The script doen't crash because of the files with bitrate 0. It's because og ONE file with bitrate <34000 :-) I delete the file, and now it works.
But now I got another problem. I have over 150000 mp3 files, and this script generates to much files. I can't have more than 3000 pr folder in my webserver. And all my albumarts is way more.
Is it possible to configure this script to put the artfiles in A - B - C....?
And how do I get the search-field into my page?
Regards
SpritHansi