Resume Play or Pause at MM start-up v2.2/3.1 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I can remember having that OZone plug-in installed a long time ago. It is one of those I do not want to install again.

You may want to give this one a go, to see if the problem have anything to do with those tiny volume changes. It could be related to volume, or simply pause, play, stop. I don't know. Please let me know if this version with no volume manipulation fix the problem. In that case I can make that an option in the 'main version'

Code: Select all

Now in the first post
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Bump to say that the Fade-In have been simplified a bit in version 2.1

Now also operate in standard MediaMonkey formatted volume values.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Just a bump to say the ResumePlay script without fade-in is now in version 2.20. Gave it a bit of tuning, to make it do as little as possible.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

...any chance this script could be updated for MM3? Or is there another script around that could perform the same thing?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Hi fizzjob,
I've updated the first post here with a script for MM3.0.
Found MM3.0 needs a delay timer to operate as it should. You might have to adjust this delay timer to a value suitable for your system. 800 ms seems to do the trick on my machine.
RedX

Post by RedX »

I don't really understand what this timeout of 30 min does, could you please explain it?

Thx,
Red
RedX

Post by RedX »

here's a installer package for MM3

ResumePlay for MM3 installer

Regards,

Red
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

RedX wrote:I don't really understand what this timeout of 30 min does, could you please explain it?
The reason for those 30 minutes is to prevent automatic play after leaving MM closed for a long time.

Basically automatic play only works for a limited time after you close MM. After the time-out period the script remembers the position, but leave MM in Pause mode instead of automatic play.
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

The songs resumes but at 0:00 and not at the position I left MediaMonkey at. Any ideas?
MediaMonkey Gold (Lifetime)
- If my configuration's specifications are helpful, please go here.
DiddeLeeDoo

Re: Resume Play or Pause at MM start-up v2.2/3.0 [Script]

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote: ==============================================
MediaMonkey v3.0
==============================================

MM3.0 do not react as fast as MM2.5 and therefore need a delay timer to operate as it should. The delay is set to 800 milliseconds, you may need to adjust this value if it doesn't work 100% on your system.

Sub OnStartUp
    Set TMR=SDB.CreateTimer(800)
After trying a number of times I got to that 800 millisecond value. But you may have to go up to something like 1500.

Reason for all this is that MM3 ignores other commands for awhile after getting a 'play' command. The other commands gets 'lost in space'.
I sort of assume that is something that will be tuned in future versions of MM. For now, this 'pause after having given the play command' will help..
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

I changed it to 1500, but when I closed it around 11:00 and it opened at 50:39 the first time I tried it. I tried again and it seems to now be working fine. Thanks!
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

It seems that after not opening Media Monkey for a long time or after a shutdown it resets back to 0:00.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it might be that your computer crashed and you did not know it.
i've had windows explorer crash like that. when i rebooted the computer it did a system restore or a boot to the last known good start up. and made all my options go back to zero.

so reset all your options then close monkey. then make a new system restore point and then reboot the computer to see if you can get a new set point there in case it happens again.

and let us know if that was indeed what the error was. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

How do I reset all of the options? I have System Restore disabled on my computer.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Guess it just boils down to that more delay is needed. What if you try

Set TMR=SDB.CreateTimer(2500)
That means 2.5 seconds after the initial 'play' command when you open MM3, it should set the play position to what it was.

Might be better to give MM3 a long delay that is reliable, instead of brushing at the edge of working/not working.