MediaMonkey + Logitech diNovo

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

amarcord

MediaMonkey + Logitech diNovo

Post by amarcord »

(Message edited after wolfzell comments)

Hi,

The DiNovo keybord has a small device named "mediapad" that acts as a remote control for multimedia players and has a LCD showing the current song being played.
The problem is... the DiNovo multimedia features integrates with Microsoft software only (Windows Media Player). Here are the steps if you want to control Media Monkey with your DiNovo:

1) Get the last release of the logitech drivers. My version of the "Logitech SetPoint Control Center" shows 2.22.124.
By just accomplishing this step you already gain the ability to use the "Play/Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" and "FF" keys from your keyboard and mediapad (I guess this happens because MediaMonkey reacts to the same commands as Winamp, which is recognized by this release of SetPoint).

2) Edit the file "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\players.ini" (or wherever you installed the logitech drivers to):
Add the following line in the [Players] section:

Code: Select all

MediaMonkey=cmd,MediaMonkey.exe,TFMainWindow,MediaMonkey,xxx,40045,40046,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey
Add the following line to the [Players.run] section:

MediaMonkey=reg,HKLM,SOFTWARE\Classes\MediaMonkey.File\DefaultIcon,,2
Add the following line to the [Players.IsRemote] section:

MediaMonkey=True
This step adds MediaMonkey to the list of players recognized by SetPoint, and you can choose this player as the one being launched when you press the "Media" key of your keyboard or of your mediapad.

3) If you also want the Mediapad LCD to show the playing song, then the only solution I've found is to rename MediaMonkey.exe to winamp.exe. Windows XP is quite smart as it automatically updates any shortcut or reference to the executable in the registry, so this operation does not hurt. The last thing you have to do is to go back to step#2 and change MediaMonkey.exe to winamp.exe in the players.ini file.

Hope it helps !
Last edited by amarcord on Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfzell

Post by wolfzell »

Hi amarcord,

thx for your hints, I´m using a diNovo keyboard too.

I added the lines to the players.ini file as you recommended and for the keyboard it works as described MediaMonkey appears as choice for the media players. But for the media pad this does not work.

When I configure this to "standard", the only program I can choose from is "Power DVD 5.0" nothing else. Strange.

So up to now I have chosen to link the mediamonkey.exe file directly via "start application".

Do you have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

bye
Wolfgang
amarcord

Post by amarcord »

Hi wolfzell,

Good catch... I looked around further and it turns out that, for the MediaPad, SetPoint shows only media players that have the "remote" property set.
So, in addition to the above tasks, you have to add the following line to the section [Players.IsRemote] of players.ini:

MediaMonkey=True
Thanks for pointing this out !
wolfzell

Post by wolfzell »

Hi amarcord,

thank you for that additional information, this worked like a charm.

But there is another little thing you missed, I think:

After renaming MediaMonkey.exe to winamp.exe and restarting it, I noticed some changes in the configuration and a newly created winamp.ini file in the directory.

So it seems that you also need to rename MediaMonkey.ini to winamp.ini. (Maybe you should do a backup before doing those modifications anyway...)

Now the Media Pad actually displays song information. Fantastic! But on my system it only displays the number of the song in the playlist and the artist's name scrolling over the display, so the title of the song is not displayed.

Maybe you also have a fix for this?

bye
Wolfgang
Huang

Post by Huang »

I don't have a logitech multimedia keyboard, but i get the same prob. i can use the forward and all that when its maximzed but when its minimized, it fails to recognize my inputs.. and i don't have a LOGITECH so i don't spose it will work for me.. any way to make mine work? mines a BTC multimedia keyboard model 9000.... its old... but its all i have :P
Peke

Post by Peke »

Could You Be more specific or better give us some Keyboard PIC or URL where we could find some stuff regarding keyboard and then fix/debug the problem.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Huang

Post by Huang »

okay, this is the website,
http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-05keyboard.htm#9000a
and thats the keyboard i have, i downloaded the drivers for it as well and it still doesn't work... and to debug??? i have no idea how to do that. All i know is that i can't do what they've told me to do as in using 'scripts' to apply to it because i don't have a logitech.... and yeah... please help!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ok Can You try these three things
DL http://thalassa.bio.auth.gr/utils/mmkeys.exe and install it
Install Keyboard driver and thru Configure (Tray Icon) follow instructions from MM keys Install Now it should work.
Best regards,
Peke
Huang

Post by Huang »

How do i
3. Set your keyboard driver to use external Application
4. select MMkeys.exe as external application for each key you ..
i am a total amateur when it comes to this so any help will be good... i don't even know how to find my driver for the keyboard
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
Huang

Post by Huang »

Still Doesn't let me use the functions with mediamonkey minimized in the tray...!!! What am i doing wrong! or what am i not doing!!!
Huang

Post by Huang »

It Works!!! THank You Sooooo Much!!!
Peke

Post by Peke »

As allways, thank you for supporting MM.
You are supporting MM? :wink: 8) :roll:
Best regards,
Peke
Huang

OMG!

Post by Huang »

Your not gonna believe this... its not working again... i installed the latest driver, i programmed it so it launch next and prev and what not, so when i pressed it on the keyboard, it did what i wanted it to do... but then..... Noooooooooo!!! its just stopped working, i re-installed it, tried it again, but its not working, one minute its working, the next its not.... so sorry! can you please help again!
Kiki

Mediapad only shows artis and song playlistnumber

Post by Kiki »

wolfzell wrote:Hi amarcord,

Now the Media Pad actually displays song information. Fantastic! But on my system it only displays the number of the song in the playlist and the artist's name scrolling over the display, so the title of the song is not displayed.

Wolfgang
I have the same problem with my dinovo.
OK itäs nut a big deal but would be nice to get right. I thought that could it be somehow related to the format in which MM send song information. Is this somehow changeable? Does anyone have any ideas on how to get his working in the way it is supposed to?

big thanks to all o you.