[Minor] Coherence (copy to/move to functions, date formats)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Octopod

[Minor] Coherence (copy to/move to functions, date formats)

Post by Octopod »

Hi,

I wonder why the icon of the function "copy to device" is in the standard toolbar, while the icon of the function "move to device" is in the advanced one :o (and one does not need the Gold version to move tracks!)

Moreover, these functions may be called from the contextual menu (Send to|Copy or Move) and the icons displayed here are not the same than the ones displayed in the toolbars...

Another small coherence problem is the date format: is it always based on the active locale settings? One simple example:
- date displayed in the column "added" of the track list: "20/02/2004 10:04" (this is the format attached to my locale: "dd/mm/yyyy")
- date displayed in the playlists node: "added 2004-02-23" (which may correspond to the default US format i think: "yyyy-mm-dd")

Octo
jiri

Post by jiri »

Re. 'copy to device' - It probably isn't the final solution, there are plans for some improvements in portable device support and thus this might change a bit...

Re. Dates in playlists - They don't respect the locale settings because they form a string (together with 'added ') and having year followed by month and day has the advantage that the strings are sorted the same way as dates would be - thus all 'Added' playlists are properly ordered.

Jiri