Sync via wifi too long

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Dancer

Sync via wifi too long

Post by Dancer »

After I have synchronized all files via usb, I wanted to follow the recommendation to make small update synchronizations via wifi.
But this takes alone the scanning and pairing much too long.
In addition, the last sync has almost doubled the entire collection, although I thought to have prevented this with the appropriate settings.
I have now made about 20 synchronizations. It would have been less, if I had not changed the paths a few times in between.

Therefore, I now believe that syncing is most likely to go smoothly or with few problems, if the structure including paths is fixed. For this, the default settings should be enough, I hope.
MMW 5.0.4.2690 beta Gold on WIN 10-64Bit Vers. 22H2
MMA 2.0.0.1080 Pro on Android 12
Vivaldi browser
jber80

Re: Sync via wifi too long

Post by jber80 »

I had this issue yesterday and just now ran across your post. I had to restore a previous database (I backup weekly) and then re-scan the library to get everything back in and NOT doubled. I have 35k tracks and it was showing 70k, doubling everything.

Also, that thing was happening where when you play a track it would highlight both that track and its duplicate as if it were one track. Physically, there was only 1 track.

Also, wi-fi sync takes foooreeevver to download tracks.

Just here to share in the pain.
jber80

Post by jber80 »

Update, it's been one day and it imported and doubled every track in the entire library again. I've been using MM for many years and it's never done this. Unsure what's going on.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey did you use this time and was it again a wi-fi Sync?
jber80

Post by jber80 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:29 am Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey did you use this time and was it again a wi-fi Sync?
MM 5.0.4.2693
The sync isn't my concern anymore. It's the double entries. I'm going to search here to see if there are any clues to why and make a post if I can't find anything.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I recommend using the latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta instead. If you still get new duplicates with that version, please let us know.