All Access granted but MMA does not continue

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ekant

All Access granted but MMA does not continue

Post by ekant »

Hello,
I synced already many files to my phone (after many many days of trying to get the app and sync process running, deinstalling/installing...).
Today it again started syncing. But MMA crashed in between.

Now, starting the APP again, it stops with:
"MM needs access to media folders" (which I already granted for all).
All folders have a "hook" - but I cannot proceed. Just SKIP is shown at the bottom.

I created the MediaMonkey folder by hand (MMA did not asked for it)... access also granted...

Since several days I try to sync MM5 (PC) to my Samsung S10 - it is so much not a reliable-stable-simple to use-app... terrible... :(

Would be nice to get some support. Would probably be a nice program if it would work reliably.
Lowlander

Re: All Access granted but MMA does not continue

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have problems with wi-fi or USB Sync? Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey for Windows are you using and which version of Android are you running MMA on?
ekant

Re: All Access granted but MMA does not continue

Post by ekant »

Wifi sync.
I was now (after many many days of failure) able to sync - not really sure what was the cause - probably sporadic write errors to the phones SD card. But this should not lead to incomprehensible app behavior (as described). I'm a quite experienced computer programmer, hence I am not just too stupid to handle a complex application.

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry to bother you, but the pain and trouble I had so far with MM5 exceeded everything I experienced so far with iTunes... which I try to replace by MM5.

It feels some times not as a mature, stable and reliable app. In some facets yes - the interface is overall nice and smart, but yet so much resistance, instability, crashes (out of no obvious reasons), missing features...
E.g., after all my trials, I have now again 5 profiles from the same phone, not knowing, which is the actual. When I delete them, the phone is not recognized anymore by the app (server). I had to remove those profiles (after deleting them in the app) manually from the .json file to be able to connect the phone anew. Such things...

I hope the development will continue and that it becomes more stable, reliable and usable (feature-complete).

I use currently the debug version (because I wanted to try experimenting with extensions) - is this less stable for syncing?